Poison - Hollyweird !!!!

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
Ok I am currently sampling songs from this album!!!

So far what I have heard:

Get Ya Some
Not too bad, very '80s songwriting, but quite a contemporary feel to it. The main riff is killer though and the vocals pure glam.

Squeeze Box
As the title would suggest, very glam! Great little song. Very short and to the point too. Classic Poison!

Emporer's New Clothes
Ewwwwwwwwwww! I hope this is the only track on the album like this one. It sounds like Blink 182 and I am not joking! Even Bret's voice sounds like that of a 16 year old whining skater, and the music is just fast teeny-punky moving power chords.

Devil Woman
This is cool! The vocal melody is ripped right from Nothin' But A Good Time... and the lyrics RULE! It even has a harmonica in the intro! Very '80s, very L.A, very glam... very classic Poison. Just needs to be a bit heavier this one, its a little soft. But an excellent song! The chorus reminds me of Spinal Tap - Big Bottom!

Rock Star
Last track on the album, was actually recorded last year. Best song on it so far, I'd already heard it. Amazing!!! 100% nasty attitude LA glam metal! Rockin riff, great lyrics, vocals, attitude... WOW! Best Poison song since the Flesh & Blood album easily, and tears most of their early songs to shreds too!

Just heard another two..

Wasteland
Put that alongside Devil Woman and Squeeze Box as being awesome!!! Another great riff, strong chorus, classic Poison sound!

Hollyweird
Like "Get Ya Some".... heavy kinda sloppy sounding guitar sound (more modern)... but very '80s glam vocals/lyrics/attitude. Good song, but not great.