Latest hauls, etc

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
I've been gone for a while and bought some stuff in that time... lots of bands I hadn't heard before, and alot of them have impressed me alot too :)

Ok...

Winger - Winger: Been meaning to pick this up for ages, love the album, one of the best of the late '80s for sure!

Bad English - Bad English: I'd only heard one song, the big ballad When I See You Smile. This album is very cool! Awesome melodic hard rock/AORish stuff with heaps of great keyboards!

Kick Axe - Vices: Killer album from '84! These dudes are a Canadian band, simple big riff arena metal, kinda in the vein of Scorpions, Judas Priest, etc. Quite underrated, lots of great songs on the album!

Vandenberg - Vandenberg: Don't like this much. I'd heard one song of the band which was from their 3rd album and it ruled, lots of keybaords etc. This is just bluesy hard rock but not very good. Perhaps like z-grade version of early Whitesnake.

Vandenberg - Heading For A Storm: This is their 2nd album and MUCH better. Good catchy arena rock with huge choruses. Still want their 3rd album though, that sounds as if it would be the best one.

Roxx Gang - Things You've Never Done Before: Bad attitude glam metal from the late '80s but definitely one of the better bands! Pretty heavy guitars, lots of bad attitude, big sleazy grooves, huge choruses... the fisrt 2 songs are the best, especially "Scratch My Back", awesome sleaze metal anthem! The whole album rocks.

Bulletboys - Bulletboys: Another very cool album. Lots of Van Halen attitude... just a cool groovy hard rock album.

Wrathchild - Stakk Attack: Bought this coz its an ultra-rare picture vinyl and it looked awesome. Unfortunately the album sucks balls. It's so bad I just can't put it into words. Kinda like a mix of '70s glam rock with aerly punk attitude, very British sounding... I was expecting a much more LA glam sound from their photo.

Lizzy Borden - Give 'Em The Axe: Lizzy's first release, awesomje EP with heaps of attitude and great songs.

Lizzy Borden - Terror Rising: An EP Lizzy Borden did in 1987 that I never really see around. I'm a big Lizzy fan so I love everything they've done.

Lizzy Borden - Visual Lies: FINALLY bought it! Meant to be his best album, and it sure does kick alot of arse, I love it! But I think "Master Of Disguise" is the best one personally. Buying these 3 completed my Lizzy collection, now I have every album/EP they've put out.

Dangerous Toys - Dangerous Toys: Had this burnt on CD from Xena but I saw it cheap on vinyl so I bought it. It's a cool southern sounding glam album. Sportin' A Woody is a classic song haha!

King Kobra - Thrill Of A Lifetime: The 2nd KK album, very AORish. The songs are awesome! Mark Free has a GREAT voice!! All star lineup: Mark Free on vocals, Mick Sweda (Bulletboys) on guitar, Johnny Rod (WASP) on bass and Carmine Appice on drums.

King Kobra - III: Their 3rd album. New singer, bassist and guitarist haha! Alot more metal than their first 2 and another strong album. This strangely has 2 songs written by Kiss on it! (It's My Life and Legends Never Die) One of the songs was also in the movie Black Roses hehe. And the cover has a really hot girl.

Keel - The Final Fronteir: This is their 1986 album, produced by Gene Simmons. Very cool arena metal!

Keel - Keel: Their '87 album. Much better than the other, its been on very high rotation in my record player! Such great songs, arena metal riffs, HUGE chorses with really big backing vocals, I love it!

Roxus - Live: 4 song EP on vinyl from 1990... Australian melodic hard rock. Very Bon Jovi, this is probably the best Australian hard rock I've ever heard and I'm dying to hear their album now!!! Body Heat is one of the best songs I've ever heard!!!

There were a couple more I got too but I can't even remember what they were so they can't have been that good haha!

God Trent, why don't you appreciate older music? All you seem to care about is that nu-metal shit. Try listening to some 80s stuff for a change. Unbelievable.

good to see you back Troops! We were all wondering where the hell you were! :wave:

The Trooper said:
Bad English - Bad English: I'd only heard one song, the big ballad When I See You Smile. This album is very cool! Awesome melodic hard rock/AORish stuff with heaps of great keyboards!

I've got that album - bought it for the fact that Deen Castronovo is the drummer on it :headbang:

Deen Castronovo rocks! :headbang: Not that I've heard much of his stuff, because he does a lot of session stuff, and most of the time I don't even know he performs on an album until I check to see who's in the band, but when I do hear his stuff it does indeed rock. :)

Neil Schon is the guitarist in Bad English, he also rocks :) I gotta buy Hardline - Double Eclipse soon! Rob's right though, I really should start checking out some '80s music. I seem to be ignoring it for some reason :lol:

I remember the other 2 albums I bought now:

TNT - Knights Of The New Thunder: Haven't listened to it much but it sounds pretty cool. Not as good as Tell No Tales and Intuition but then again both of them took ages to grow on me too and I love them both now.

Tigertailz - Berzerk!: And I thought Pretty Boy Floyd and Alleycat Scratch were over-the-top glam bands, wow! These guys have the glammiest look and sound I've ever seen/heard probably. It's pretty good actually too, but patchy. Love the warnings on the back cover about how it will explode your head, as well as the disclaimer that their hair is real and there are on wigs or hair extensions hahahaha! (Their hair is huge LOL)

The Trooper said:
Lizzy Borden - Visual Lies: FINALLY bought it! Meant to be his best album, and it sure does kick alot of arse, I love it! But I think "Master Of Disguise" is the best one personally. Buying these 3 completed my Lizzy collection, now I have every album/EP they've put out.

This album is one of my fav' albums of all time! Utter brilliance!

You know what's funny though Tim? My least favourite song on it is Den Of Thieves which was the one you kept telling me to hear hahaha! Awesome awesome album though :)