Polish Legions Road Trip

soulflypl

Mar 2, 2003
poland
Visit site
My thoughts after seing 3 dates of this tour

The support bands:
Divine Empire – as they were saying to the crowd: „We are from Florida and we play death metal”. That is all I want to say about this band. Not bad for DM but nothng I would care for longer than 15-20 minutes

Demolition – very decent melodic thrash, I’ve listened to a couple of songs each day.

Susperia. I was waiting for their performance since I like them very much and think their record Unlimited was (together with Tempo) best LP of the 2004!
They played 8 songs set each day and did not dissapoint me. They have great drummer that keeps everything together, stage animal bassist Memnock, good guitar players Elvorn and Cyrus, and a vocalist Athera with great potential. Enjoyed their shows a lot! Plus talked to them during those days – very cool guys!

Susperia_licht_1zmnsep.jpg

Susperia_licht_2zmn.jpg

Susperia_licht_3zmnbw.jpg

Now what is the most important Testament and their music
Every night they hit the stage it was obvious it is gonna be sth special – they were soooo relaxed, so energetic on stage, and you could see they are having soooo much fun playing together in this line-up.
Chuck talked a lot to the audience each day, tried to make Greg do the same in German but it wasn’t easy. :lol: His singing was as amazing as usually but what he was doing on Raging Waters was just beyond me – he was simply slaying the audience with some specially added growl parts that were so powerful I thought the venues would not stand that. Also The Legacy and his vocal interpretations of it – that differed a bit from LP’s version – I simply listened to them with my mouth wiiiiiiide open.
Johnny was destroying the drum kit everyday, I will not forget his feet work on Electric Crown and a sound check in Dieburg easily.
L.C was drumming like mad everynight and for someone who hasn’t played for years and practiced for two weeks only he did very well.
Greg seemed to play as if he never left the band – fitted perfectly!!!!
Eric kept the things together with his powerful rhytms playing, I was wondering if he would play any solos, but apart from this short one in Sins he didn’t - leaving everything to Alex. I thought it would be cool to see him doing at least the one in The Haunting – that he was doing on the last tour – but no, that didn’t happen.
Now Alex.
I could just say I haven’t seen live better lead player in any metal&rock band (only that guy from Asia – Ruthie Govan was on the similar level) but that wouldn’t be enough. He said once that in the early days he was doing his solos very concentrated, working hard on every note he wanted to play, but now - he said – he doesn’t have to – music just speaks through him and he puts no effort to it. You don’t believe? – you should see.
Played all the solos adding a thing here and there in a way that would make other player break their fingers, leaving us speechless every night. And in Dieburg – where there was no photopit – we were standing there with Polish Legions flag in the first row – and he was coming up to us with EVERY solo bending down, kneeling on some, so we had him like 30-60 cm from our faces. INCREDIBLE!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Testament_INNSbruck_3zmn.jpg

Testament_INNSbruck_4zmn.jpg

Testament_INNSbruck_5zmn.jpg

Testament_Lichtenfels_5zmn.jpg

Testament_Lichtenfels_2zmn.jpg

Testament_Lichtenfels_3zmn.jpg

Testament_Lichtenfels_4zmn.jpg

Testament_Lichtenfels_1zmn.jpg

Now about the atmospohere on this trip - I would like to thank every Testament band&crew member for being so cool to us for those 3 days, showing us respect for the amount of dedication we have for their music and the amount of kilometres we had to do in order to make this trip.

HAIL TESTAMENT!:headbang:

I`m back!!!
first of all I`d like to thank my Polish Legionaires companions for all aspect of this unforgettable journey and awesome times!
Of cuz endless bows go to Mr. Walter Morgan for making this happen the way it did - there`s not enough words of appreciation.
Tiffany & Chuck, Greggy, Alex, Eric, Louie and the Honourable Member of the Polish Legions Mr. Johnny Tempesta - thank you for being such a nice to all of us not only on stage. It was fukking worth to travel over 1000 kms in 15 hours there and same distance back, I wouldnt change these days on nothing else. Cant wait to see you guys soon, hopefully in Poland!!!
I cant skip Yanni (thank you so much for all) and the whole crew, Mark, Tolokosh, guys of Susperia, Demolition, Divine Empire and Dave and his younger sister who went 600 kms just to see their fav band, Susperia. It`s great to know that threre`s people who feel same way about travelling long distances just for these unforgettable moments.

I guess that the best way to express the greatness of that tour is to describe just one scene that happened during the Dieburg gig - lots of people were stagediving all gig long but one of them kneel and bowed towards Alex while he started playing one of his leads and when he came up to him closer that guys put his hands together to a prayer. Probably not only his. So, those of you who have a chence to see this classic line-up - dont miss it cuz you`ll regret it hardly!!!

thanks soulflypl for your gig report and amazing pics. i love the duotone ones: like black and white with a hint of brown in them.
did you take all those yourself?

but you didn't say which 3 shows you went to!

@TL - pleasure is all mine:Spin: Thanks for your help before the trip :worship: :headbang: :wave:

@max
the brownish stuff is called sephia
yes - those are all mine pics
3 shows were
Innsbruck
Lichtenfels
Dieburg