politics

Tone-Deaf said:
Anyway, most politicans aren't that intelligent.
oh I think they are (at least a little bit), I mean, they had quite good education and stuff.
But, I always find it funny to see, in short interviews and stuff they néver have normal clear replies. It's more like they twist change the question and add some logical cliche and they're done...

hmm, I wonder what the hell is wrong in extreme right-winged heads now...
I mean, there has to be something wrong when you judge people on their colour and such...and if you don't want them to enter your country when they need a place to stay and live... with the reason; they're taking our jobs!
(which reminds me of the south-park episode when all the future-people are coming:p)

Oh, I don't know if any of you knows what was going on in Holland -around 4/5 years ago- with a man called Pim Fortuyn...
It was an extreme right-winged politician with a somewhat 'unsubtle' style.
He wanted to erase the law that made sure no one would discriminate and such.
People in holland liked him, cause he spised thing up a bit by saying what he thought... what the hell?!...and then he got shot, and people started voting on his party out of compassion and pity :S
The guy was even elected to greatest dutchman EVER! over people like Erasmus!!!
it's really the greatest bullshit.... ugh

those people should shut the fuck up about giving the right to discriminate out of 'freedom of speech' ...

really, my confidence in some people is veeery low... so that's also a reason why there can't be communism

LifeDepraved said:
Same here. With the Illegal Aliens from Mexico. There's tons here, but they don't take the time to learn English. I will not wait on them if they can't speak to me...I DON'T SPEAK SPANISH!!!!

noob at live.

In capitalism, man exploits man. In communism, it's the other way around.
BTW, hating politics and political discussion is horrible. It opens the doors to exploitation and despotism.

Alyona said:
I have absolutely nothing against people practising their own culture in a country they have immigrated to, but at least make a little effort to take on some aspects of the culture you've moved into. I know of so many people that have lived in london for over 10/20 years but still have not made the effort to learn english. It just seems disrespectfull... especially if they do not work and live off the benefits that the government offers them.

I agree but in europe especially in belgium when i chat with some belgian guys in a pub they were all whining about immigrants.Its not the only problem in europe.Most of them working honestly and loyal to the system.They may cause unemployment to european native workers but they are european citizen also.In law they are equal with europeans.So why blaming them?I think they are blaming them because of religion and race.And for me its racism.In history you cant find a fascist that call himsels fascist.They prefer to call themself patriot who trying to save his country.

dark_Exile said:
I agree but in europe especially in belgium when i chat with some belgian guys in a pub they were all whining about immigrants.Its not the only problem in europe.Most of them working honestly and loyal to the system.They may cause unemployment to european native workers but they are european citizen also.In law they are equal with europeans.So why blaming them?I think they are blaming them because of religion and race.And for me its racism.In history you cant find a fascist that call himsels fascist.They prefer to call themself patriot who trying to save his country.

Yeah yeah you'll always be good at twisting someone's words into another meaning and make your own version of 'facts'. Just to contraddict yourself 5 minutes after...

dark_Exile said:
I agree but in europe especially in belgium when i chat with some belgian guys in a pub they were all whining about immigrants ...
may i ask you how come you know so well what's the situation in belgium?

anyway. going back to the topic...
immigrants don't "steal" jobs to local people, that's a blatant lie. they all do jobs no one wants to do anymore, or the ones that are underpaid. also, they have to work (here at least, i'm not speaking about other countries), earn enough and have a decent place to live, otherwise, they CAN ' T stay here. hence, it's not like they're lying on the couch living off of the benefits the government offers them. of course, i'm talking about "regular" ones, clandestines are another story.

but, when you immigrate somewhere, you're supposed to adapt your habits to your "new" country. you're supposed to respect it, respect its laws, its culture, and learn its language. some immigrants don't do it and don't care doing it. and you can't go to someone else's house and act like you're home. simple as that.

to answer to vin's question regarding the right or left wing thing... aren't there more choices than these two:)? i'm firmly anti-right-wing in my political ideas. yet, i wouldn't call myself a leftist either, although i do share many of leftist ideas.
i'm an idealist and my ideas are too utopian for today's world:rolleyes:.

Very well said misses Scarlet

Although here, they don't HAVE to work, so they do take advantage of it. And earn more money this way than a Belgian citizen who's looking for work, but can't find any for medical reasons for example (reference: my mother)

°scarlet° said:
to answer to vin's question regarding the right or left wing thing... aren't there more choices than these two:)? i'm firmly anti-right-wing in my political ideas. yet, i wouldn't call myself a leftist either, although i do share many of leftist ideas.
i'm an idealist and my ideas are too utopian for today's world:rolleyes:.
agreed with your entire post =)
Well, I myself form oppinions about things, and pretty much all off them fit in the leftwinged ideas, so I take freedom to call myself a leftwinger (I also do this to express I'm against rightwing)
But I too disagree about some (mostly extreme) leftwinged ideas, like the idea of everyone having the same income...
ok, I still have a leftwinged oppinion on that... (by making the differences smaller) ah nevermind:p

salient said:
Deconstructive politic is a disaster for any nation. Constructive politic is agree in some points, but when you free in own mind,- you are spit it on this all things.;)
if I got it what you were saying (no offence of course:)) I agree more or less
but you still have to accept the way political things work nowadays. instead of spitting on the system, trying to change the system to how you like it to be

°scarlet° said:
may i ask you how come you know so well what's the situation in belgium?

I born in Norway as a Norwegian and i studied in Italy but i am living in Turkey.I spent too much time in Holland,Belgium,Germany etc.. when i was a student.So i know immigrant "situation" in europe from both of sides.
In Brusseles two polish immigrants killed a native flaman boy for his mp3 player in centre of city.The Hague in Holland is also known as "Murder Capital"because of the immigrants.There are many problems that they cause but we cant generalize all the immigrants.Most of them are adapted to west european culture but you dont notice them.
I am living in centre of Istanbul and i hear Church bells also azan of Mosques in here.Millions of christians lives in Turkey.No one says that "they are turning our country into christian europe" in here.Because for real muslims religion isnt a ideology.I know it because i am living with them.Tolerance is the solution of everything.
I know that some immigrants in there are so extreme and they are exploiting european countries but i cant agree to generalize "all the immigrants".

In the end i am not defending immigrants but i am against to generalization.

salient said:
In Europe, almost countries, working more positive politic then others regions,-more i've say rather comfortambly.There no big problems with your land?
hmm, not really that big problems compared to a lot of other countries, where the government is corrupt and where you cant turn to the police for help, but still... some things are quite fucked-up here (reletively) like:
the whole immigrant problem
the numbers of unemployed and poor

those things are really bad, not compared to war, but we're not used to that here

i just think that here in mexico, its a funny place, everyone thinks they deserve better, some go upland to the U.S., some stay here and claim their rights to be fed, but not much of them really fights their way up, there are a lot of schools here, I myself went all my life to public school and im living the fucking life i deserve to live...i bust my ass from 9 to 6 mon-fri!! i think i earned what i have now, let alone the govt didn't do shit for me, it was possible to live up to something and i fucking love my job.... most people just stretch their hands and hope for money/food/compassion.... i hate all of those lazy assed people!!! and they claim to be leftists!!! fuckers..

oh i rambled on...

happy vent...

Here in Brazil we don't have such problems with immigrants, there are lots of them (Italians, chinese, they arrived mainly in 1900~1910) and they got used to our culture here. Brazil is very cool country to live (beautiful country, cool people, etc), people here *in general* are funny and talkative, easy to make friends if you're from another country. The problem here are the politicians and the crime rate. More than 60% of our politicians are corrupts and they receive LOTS of benefits, they're VERY well-paid and if they need to work more in a month they'll receive MUCH more money. Billions of Reais (the currency here) are washed in money laundries every day. If you wanna be really successfull and well-paid, come to Brazil, be a politician and start your own money laundry, it's not difficult.

The president is an idiot and our politicians are not honests at all, this is SO freaking bad. I mean, our country is very rich, but those politicians don't care about the country, they care about themselves.
The mess is done, the question is: We will have good politicians one day in the future that really care about the country?

Our rate of crime is very high, poor people living in "Favelas" (if you don't know this term search it on google), drugs dealers and lots of people searching for a job. It's not that insane as you may think, it's not that violent as people may say and people from other countries may see this on TV and say: "How can they live in this chaos?", believe me, war is SO much worse.
I haven't been stolen yet, and I don't think I'm THAT lucky, but of course the crime rate IS worse than several countries around the World.

I really don't know how to speak about my country (mainly politics) to other people, so this post may be edited later for better understanding.
:lol:

"-atleast they have a two party system.
-they do?
-yes, they have the republicans, which are pretty much like our conservative party, and they have the democrats which is pretty much like our conservative party."
some old 60´s or 70´s comedy i heard a while ago..

In Sweden we have it realy good.. we get to vote on most of big matters (although it realy doesnt matter what we vote, politicians do as they please anyway..) and atleast there is no corruption that is talked of.
the problem in sweden is that the hole party system is slowly moving right, so now adays our major left party has the exact same politics going that our major rightwing did 20 years ago,
this in turn makes us leftwingers "party-less" (unless we vote comunist-party..)

and also we have Thomas Bodström, our minister of justice, who seems to think that dubya is the best rolemodel in the world... that pretty much sucks...

RatU a.k.a Dainon said:
More than 60% of our politicians are corrupts and they receive LOTS of benefits, they're VERY well-paid and if they need to work more in a month they'll receive MUCH more money.
I know what you mean, It's the same here, although 60% seems like nothing, i think it goes to %95 or something
RatU a.k.a Dainon said:
Our rate of crime is very high, poor people living in "Favelas"
When I was in Rio I was surprised by the size of the Rosinha, It's like half a mountain, and in the other side there is a Sheraton Hotel :lol: