The Political & Philosophy Thread

End of Glory

Crucify Your Faith
Sep 28, 2013
Sweden
Couldn't really find a thread for this so I thought we could have one to discuss politics, philosophical views and society things.

So I'll start with something I've been recently thinking about.

Feminists.

Are men just bitter jerks about it?

Have women been taking it too far?

Should we dump 'Feminism' and start over as "Equalist"?

Is equally the best and justified way or should things like salary be an individual thing?

I think the political environment in the west is such that dialogue has reached its terminal point of usefulness. Differences are calcifying genetically and geographically, and fragmentation and schism - or attempts at such anyway, lie in our futures. The number of people swayable via intellectual discussion is next to nil, for various reasons depending on the population in question. Frankly the SJWism is likely the unavoidable telos of the liberal project, and it's a purely religious experience - and one cannot even enter into the beginning stages of rational discussion with a cultish zealot.

the problem now a days is that people think everything is a personal attack to them. Me? i agree that we should ban muslim immigrants, not because i hate them but ISIS has actually said they would purposefully utilize it to infiltrate the west and assfuck us. Frankly i care about the people in my country more then those over in the middle east. nothing personal just thinking at this from a logical point of view.

Reactions: think41second
And the majority of attacks by Islamist nutjobs in the West are carried out by 'homegrown' terrorists, but you know. Facts suck. Refugees can suck a dick.

I think the political environment in the west is such that dialogue has reached its terminal point of usefulness. Differences are calcifying genetically and geographically, and fragmentation and schism - or attempts at such anyway, lie in our futures. The number of people swayable via intellectual discussion is next to nil, for various reasons depending on the population in question. Frankly the SJWism is likely the unavoidable telos of the liberal project, and it's a purely religious experience - and one cannot even enter into the beginning stages of rational discussion with a cultish zealot.

Only one problem with this claim. Most that identify as being liberal are not 'SJWs'. Most find all of that shit irritating. And it's total bollocks to imply that only one side is to blame for the lack of intellectual discussion. The right, Conservatives, or whatever you want to call them are just as awful when it comes to their rejection of debate.

Last edited:
Reactions: viewerfromnihil
the problem now a days is that people think everything is a personal attack to them. Me? i agree that we should ban muslim immigrants, not because i hate them but ISIS has actually said they would purposefully utilize it to infiltrate the west and assfuck us. Frankly i care about the people in my country more then those over in the middle east. nothing personal just thinking at this from a logical point of view.

Putin will take care of ISIS. Bomb those bastards.

Reactions: RedStorm
There are no conservatives in the US. Republicans are just shitty liberals.

Haha, false.

Only one problem with this claim. Most that identify as being liberal are not 'SJWs'. Most find all of that shit irritating. And it's total bollocks to imply that only one side is to blame for the lack of intellectual discussion. The right, Conservatives, or whatever you want to call them are just as awful when it comes to their rejection of debate.

True.

Putin will take care of ISIS. Bomb those bastards.

False. Putin doesn't care about Isis. He cares about protecting his interests in Syria and propping up Assad. If he could keep Isis around to the detriment of the US and the west he most certainly would.

False. Putin doesn't care about Isis. He cares about protecting his interests in Syria and propping up Assad. If he could keep Isis around to the detriment of the US and the west he most certainly would.

At least he's been doing more than Obama. America is part of the problem that's been creating ISIS so that they have aggression towards America and that Putin can take advantage of it is no surprise.