2008 Presidential Candidates

Because politics is complicated, and that discourages most people from bothering to understand it. It's much easier just to go along with what other people around you are saying.

I was thinking more in terms of economic and foreign policy stuff. Those tend to be pretty controversial and complex, and hence discouraging to the average person.

I hope you research your opinions before you express them at some point in your life.

It doesn't help when he doesn't follow politics at all

As I said before, I have been more interested in politics at this point in my life, and I have been following the presidential race. I have reasons for my views. I admit I got a late start, and I told you why it wasn't that big of a deal. I explained why I liked certain candidates. Did you guys read that stuff?

I thought the plagiarism thing was pretty desperate. "Yes We Can" was used by Deval Patrick in his campaign for governor of Massachusetts (he won). Patrick has apparently worked with Obama and gave him permission to use the slogan, and either way, it's not like "Yes We Can" is an academic paper or a book or anything where it would actually matter if he plagiarized it.

I thought the plagiarism thing was pretty desperate. "Yes We Can" was used by Deval Patrick in his campaign for governor of Massachusetts (he won). Patrick has apparently worked with Obama and gave him permission to use the slogan, and either way, it's not like "Yes We Can" is an academic paper or a book or anything where it would actually matter if he plagiarized it.

Regardless, it's not plagiarism anyway afaik. The speech wasn't copyrighted etc.

I think she shouldn't use words like that loosely because analytical minds will confuse her meanings with the definitions of said words.