2008 Presidential Candidates

If you didn't have a brain, you'd be dead ldo

Or I'd be this guy:

scarecrow_oz.gif

In the absence of football talk on the radio, and with the presidential race, I've switched from ESPN radio to conservative talk radio (when I am not listening to metal). Man, dude, Michael Savage rules! Yeah, he goes overboard, and that can be annoying, but mostly it's funny.

McCain!

Anyone watch the debate tonight. Good show by both candidates, but I think Obama won. He got a little more reasonable on healthcare (although Hillary still beats him there) but he sounded a little better on the other issues. I also think he could do a better job of beating McCain.

I'm really bad about missing presidential debates. I blame the absence of TV in my daily life.

I end up watching a lot of TV because it is a good way to hang out with people. We have a dedicated Jeopardy crew here.

Most of my good friends here don't watch TV. Consequently, I don't even watch Jeopardy while I'm here. I get my media injection through the internets.

Basically CNN.com is my primary source on the campaigns.

Obama definitely won that debate. Clinton was visibly desperate, continually notifying the audience of her achievements in order to score brownie points, addressing thoroughly redundant talking points, and not being able to drop issues when she was behind. Obama was steady and calm the entire time, and though many of their issues positions are similar, Obama's is definitely the more manageable. I don't think Clinton's healthcare plan is all that much better than Obama's, if at all.

I was laughing so hard when Clinton was boo'd. She has no idea how to handle herself when backed into a corner. She turned to claiming that Obama's words were plagiarism, but he simply borrowed words from his head councilmen who probably just advised to use those talking points.

I hope you research your opinions before you express them at some point in your life.