Poll:How many of these bands have you heard (II)?

How many of these bands you have actually heard?

• Adramelch (IT)

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • ADX (FR)

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Aska (US)

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Axe (US)

• Demon (UK)

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Dunwich (IT)

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Gargoyle (US)

• Goblin (IT)

• Goddess Of Desire (NL)

• Helreid (IT)

• Killer Khan (US)

• Logos (ARG)

• Mesmerize (IT)

• Midnight Sun (SWE)

• Millenium (US/Norway/AU)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Mundanus Imperium (Norway)

• Power Symphony (IT)

• Sentenced (FIN)

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • Stormwind (SWE)

• Tobruk (USA)

• Total voters

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Well I thought the first one was pretty cool, many interesting answers, so here's another bunch.

Mundanus Imperium...(whoops, forgot to click on that one!)

Oddball Symphonic Rock very much similar to Rhapsody. Featured vocal God Jorn Lande and was one of his more dissapointing outputs. The one that I have (Spectral something or other...) was very weak in the guitar dept and I would not recommend it.

Millenium...

Also featured Jorn Lande on vocals at times. I have Hourglass and it very much reminds me of the more commercial Whitesnake (1987-89). Aside from a couple minor league cheese parts, it is a very good album. Lande really shines on a couple songs showcasing his David Coverdale obsession.

Sentenced...

One of my better liked bands. These guys have quite a unique sound to them, often being compared to Type O Negative. I wouldn't completely endorse that comparison, but they do have their TON moments. Very depressing lyrics and the music follows that direction as well, although they do bring it with the guitars at times. I would defintely recommend "Frozen", "Crimson", and "The Cold White Light". Their albums towards the beginning of their career are a little rough vocally and they don't do too much for me. I would start with the three that I mentioned.

The rest of the list...???

I totally worship 3 of the bands of the list:
Gargoyle
This is A CLASS POWER METAL! One of the best bands of the category "one album but a divine one", so many great american power metal bands from the 80s were like this (Oliver Magnum, Damien Thorne, Deadly Blessing). Tim Lanchman had a voice made of crystal and steel.
Adramelch This is A CLASS POWER METAL (part 2), but european power metal. This is one of the most underrated pieces of metal ever. This is the real and great euro-power metal, far from the smurf parade the scene has today. AMAZING MELODIES and atmosphere, and an absolutely unique style. Again the "one album but a divine one" thingie. They reunited recently and rumors say that the new songs are even better than the "Irae Melanox" ones.
StormwichThe most underrated band from Germany, by far.- Their 3 first albums deliver a superbe mix of Judas Priest, Accept and a little bit of nwobhm. All 3 are classics, with crazy hymns like "Masque Of The Red Death", "Jonathan's Diary" etc. Then they lost all their inspiration., except "War Of The Wizards" that was good.
About the other bands of the list:
Goblin RULE, i first listened to them from Dario Argento movies, great prog rock with soooome metal moments. Horrific atmosphere.
Sentenced is one of the gayest and worst bands ever.
Tobruk suck.
Demon are very good, but i prefered other nwobhm bands. First 2 albums are sweet.
Power Symphony is the common euro flower smurf gay "power metal".
Mesmerize on the other hand are very good, and not cheesy at all, heavy/power metal with balls and a good epic feeling.
I havent heard Midnight Sun, Logos, Helreid and Millenium , but i am almost sure that they arent worth much.

IOfTheStorm said:
StormwichThe most underrated band from Germany, by far.- Their 3 first albums deliver a superbe mix of Judas Priest, Accept and a little bit of nwobhm. All 3 are classics, with crazy hymns like "Masque Of The Red Death", "Jonathan's Diary" etc. Then they lost all their inspiration., except "War Of The Wizards" that was good.

I havent heard Midnight Sun, Logos, Helreid and Millenium , but i am almost sure that they arent worth much.
a) Learn to read or buy glasses I put Stormwind from Sweden, not Stormwitch.

b) Your last sentence is the kind of attitude that makes people dislike posters. How do you know if they worth or not if you haven't heard them?

Besides the poll is about bands you ACTUALLY have heard, if not there's no point in arguing. :Smug:

Why in hell when a poster don't like a band have to put is gay, instead of the cleaner I don't like it?. Grow up for crying out loud.

IOfTheStorm said:
Sentenced is one of the gayest and worst bands ever.
Tobruk suck.
Demon are very good, but i prefered other nwobhm bands. First 2 albums are sweet.
Power Symphony is the common euro flower smurf gay "power metal".

It's strange to call metal bands gay if you are an Army of Lovers fan !!! :yuk:

Walter and Sound: I see fans of Sentenced here :D. I started with the band by MP3s, and one day I got "Down" (used) which I like a lot. But I've a been a bit afraid and/or skeptical to get more of their stuff in case is too repetitive. How are the albums post "Down" compared to it and are their worth enough?

Thanks in advance for the help.

P.S Have you heard a band called Misery, Inc.? Sounds a lot like Sentenced (anlso from Finland, adn great stuff too).

Well this was a list of many bands that I have not heard or remember....

I could only knock off Demon, to me they are pretty well known band, Midnight sun and Stormwind as they come from Sweden and I have met them a numerous times...
Sentenced, I just recently got in to them with their album Cold white light, that one is good but the early ones was not for me.
Power Symphony, I heard an album called Futurepast and wasen't that impressed, perhaps they get better with time?

Wyvern said:
I see fans of Sentenced here :D. I started with the band by MP3s, and one day I got "Down" (used) which I like a lot. But I've a been a bit afraid and/or skeptical to get more of their stuff in case is too repetitive. How are the albums post "Down" compared to it and are their worth enough?

Did you listen to "Amok"?
Their best album by far IMO...

Wyvern said:
Walter and Sound: I see fans of Sentenced here :D. I started with the band by MP3s, and one day I got "Down" (used) which I like a lot. But I've a been a bit afraid and/or skeptical to get more of their stuff in case is too repetitive. How are the albums post "Down" compared to it and are their worth enough?

QUOTE]

Concerning post "Down" Sentenced, you MUST check out the records "Crimson" and "Frozen". They both blow away "Down". The songwriting improved tons, the production was much improved, etc.

Actually, I consider "Frozen" to be their best work.

I would AVOID anything prior to "Amok", their 1995 record.
"Amok" is ALSO phenomenal, with amazing guitar-harmonies. However, the record featured a different vocalist who was basically a death metal singer TRYING hard to sing 'clean'. But, IMO, he failed.

Thanks a lot guys, you had help a lot. Domo arigato!

P.S. What about "The Cold White Light"?

Thanks too Abryl, and by Thor and the snow-dog, you must try Demon (first three albums) is very fine NWOBHM.

The rest of the bands were kind of obscure on purpose. Regarding Helreid and Mesmerize I must say they both have MCD with covers and those guys made covers like no others. If you can check "Vultures Paradise" (Mesmerize) and "Fingerprints Of The Gods" (Helreid) you will find some interesting stuff there.

Millenium is funny because not only Jorn Lande was in their "Hourglass" album (the one I have), but also Ralph Santolla was on guitars who has Death, Iced Eart and Sebastian Bach (besides his own project) on his credit...the funny part is that Millenium is AOR :D

Wyvern said:
a) Learn to read or buy glasses I put Stormwind from Sweden, not Stormwitch.
Yea i saw it when i submitted the post but i was bored to edit it. Anyway comment on my mistake without trying to be a smart-ass.

Wyvern said:
b) Your last sentence is the kind of attitude that makes people dislike posters. How do you know if they worth or not if you haven't heard them?
Because i would have heard more about them if they would worth that much. Dont ask why, but i am very sure of this

Wyvern said:
Besides the poll is about bands you ACTUALLY have heard, if not there's no point in arguing. :Smug:
I am glad you figured that out after your post

Wyvern said:
Why in hell when a poster don't like a band have to put is gay, instead of the cleaner I don't like it?. Grow up for crying out loud.
Because it doesnt matter how you will call it, it matters to make your point. So instead of using 3245234 words to descibe why i dont like them i just say "they are gay" . Simple as that. Get over it, it doesnt harm anyone

IOfTheStorm said:
Gargoyle
This is A CLASS POWER METAL! One of the best bands of the category "one album but a divine one"
I grabbed this one back in the day, myself (and recently the CD reissue). I'd have to agree that this band is hugely underrated, and it's tragic that they didn't go any further (that I know of. By the way, I bought the album on the strength of the otherwise unreleased track from MetalBlade's METAL MASSACRE (VI? or IX)). My only problem with the album is the guitar is a bit too quiet in the mix and the vocal too loud. It takes away from the punch of the music, IMO. Still should be on just about every "must hear" list.

IOfTheStorm said:
Stormwich
Oops! But the poll was for StormWIND (but I'm sure someone else already mentioned this)