Poll: Tom Hunting......Exodus Drummer....How Would You Rate Him?

Rate Tom Hunting On His Drumming Ability......

• One Of The Best Drummers In Metal.......Period

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Very Good.......Alot Better Than Most

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Just Average........

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Nothing Special....Alot More Better Drummers Out There

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Poor.........He Just Does'nt Count.......IMO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Walter Ryan.... he did the MH Australian tour when Chris decided not to do it... last I heard he moved out east and was with Madball, but no idea if they're even together anymore.
he never was a full time member and yes madball is still around, they have an ep out called nyhc.

hunting is a good drummer, i dont believe he's in the same league as say lombardo or bostaph but nevertheless he's great at what he does with exodus.

vinnie paul is another great drummer not mentioned in the thread.

Hunting's drumming was outstanding on Bonded By Blood, probably the best in thrash at the time. On the new Exodus, I don't think he meets his own standard. However, I don't think most of the material is well-suited to his playing style (or anyone's, for that matter ... some of those simplistic songs just don't require much of the drummer).

Lombardo will always be my favorite thrash drummer. Always.

Lykorian said:
Hunting's drumming was outstanding on Bonded By Blood, probably the best in thrash at the time. On the new Exodus, I don't think he meets his own standard. However, I don't think most of the material is well-suited to his playing style (or anyone's, for that matter ... some of those simplistic songs just don't require much of the drummer).

Lombardo will always be my favorite thrash drummer. Always.
I agree with the first part 100%...BBB/Hunting ....probably the best at that time.........The songs on the new album are just not as complex, & don't utilize his skills, as much as they could of......you notice I did include that in my review of TOTD.......but I still think(TOTD) they do require a good drummer like him..........But I get your point & almost agree with all of it........

Well 88% of Voters say that Tom Hunting is Excellant or Very Good & Better than most............I rest my case.........only 2 people, voted Just Average or nothing special!.............The %........does not lie!

Deadly Embrace said:
Well 88% of Voters say that Tom Hunting is Excellant or Very Good & Better than most............I rest my case.........only 2 people, voted Just Average or nothing special!.............The %........does not lie!

Woooo Hooooo DE proved his point! I bet that "acquaintance" is changing their mind right now............God what a dumbass that person must be! This percentage is the be all end all! I for one, am really glad for this enlightening experience! After this I better add him to my list of faves...Christy, Mickelson, Portnoy, Pert, Lombardo..................oh yea....and Hunting!

:wave:
MindInsane said:
Woooo Hooooo DE proved his point! I bet that "acquaintance" is changing their mind right now............God what a dumbass that person must be! This percentage is the be all end all! I for one, am really glad for this enlightening experience! After this I better add him to my list of faves...Christy, Mickelson, Portnoy, Pert, Lombardo..................oh yea....and Hunting!
Your one of the people who need enlightning, glad you could experience it also..........Your being a ..........BB...........Butt Head.......Nuff Said!:D

Tom is definitelly one of the best drummer in metal ! I love work that he did on Bonded and Pleasures that is awesome :OMG: also on Tempo he`s proving what he is worth :worship: