• Mix B

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters

LSD-Studio

HCAF crusher
Jul 2, 2006
Germany
www.lsd-tonstudio.de
thanks to the poprock-thread I've just listened again to one song I've mixed and thought I'd do another version.

please tell me which one you like better:

MIX A

MIX B

and perhaps a "why"

i want to put one of those on my studios page, so which one would you choose productionwise?
....thank you and your great ears mates!

Not sure which one "sounds better" but they both sound really good.

Mix B. is better for sure!! got a bit more high and clarity. I would love some drum samples if at all possible :saint:

Or at least the kick but i think they all sound pretty good. Also if you wanna share any details on recording, hey i don't mind :headbang:

yea both mixes sound good though and either one would not hurt you to put up on site. But im gonna guess most everyone will agree B is the beter of the 2 :kickass:

Actually, I was going to say A. But they both sound great. I'm not sure enough of my opinion to vote though. Nice job!

thank you all for your input, really appreciate your opinions! so keep it coming ;)

I would love some drum samples if at all possible :saint:
Or at least the kick but i think they all sound pretty good. Also if you wanna share any details on recording, hey i don't mind :headbang:

of course, who am i not to share, that's why i love this forum, everyone is very kind and helpful, so i can at least give something in return.

here are the samples (gog and wav):

Subcutane-Kick

Subcutane-Toms

info about the recording-chain is included.

guitars are 2 tracks of recto pre, boosted with 808-modded ts-9 and 2 tracks of my sig. pre (see pop-ballad-thread), both thru mesa simul 295 into engl standard cab loaded with v30 miced with 57 on-axis/middle of speaker and m160 ribbon (love that one!!) on another speaker ('bout 26dB quieter) into yamaha dm2000
on mix B low-mid-cut around 350Hz ca. 3-4 dB , on mix A some narrow high cuts (don't remember exact freqs).
axes:my signature ESP M1 custom loaded with emg81 and a robin medley loaded with emg85 (best pickups ever!)
Bass: ESP horizon into recto recording pre clean channel recording out into rme multiface....LOTS of post-processing, still not satisfied.
vox: shure sm7 thru SPL goldmike (best pre for vox in my opinion) into rme fireface.

i think that's all ;)

cool band also ;)

cool, thanks, actually we thought that song is not good enough to be on the next full-length, so we recorded it in advance, just to have it archived ;)

So, with that theory, you say its better to get 8 spl goldmikes instead of one decent pre, say a Universal Audio LA-610 (the pre i was looking at, around 1500 Eur). ? Anyway, i prefer mix A, mainly because its eq'd to my taste.

Thanks for the samples your the man:headbang: :headbang:

I'm trying to build a nice sample library so when away at my recording spot i have some case i don't like the drums I'm recording.

thanks again and details are sweet too, I also love when people share. Its what makes this forum so great and it seems lately some select few
are not hip to telling details and stuff. Ayways almost everyone is more than willing to share and very nice. I just hate when people think there too good to share but then ask other people questions about there mixes :OMG:

Mix B, the vocals and drums fit more, on mix A I found both drums and vocals a little bit over the top.
Besides, I think Mix B fit the music a little more for my taste