Pop music

Do you like pop music?

• I like a lot of pop music but still mainly listen to metal.

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • I hate pop music! Metal or nothing for me!

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I don't listen to it enough to form an opinion.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Pop music is my bread and butter! I only listen to metal now and then.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Isn't this supposed to be a metal forum? What's this pop thread doing here??

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Outside X by Def Leppard I dont listen to it enough, but I dont mind it :D

Some people listen to music as a huge part of their lives and some people just switch on the radio when they get in that car. So guess which group wants to hear Dantes Inferno and which wants to hear Genie In A Bottle?

Oh and Avril Lasagne, I like her 2 songs!

Oh. Well in that case I don't have an option to vote for. I like some pop music enough to not change the channel/station, but I don't buy it.

For example, I kinda like Madonna's new direction, and I liked Kylies stuff before her new direction (Confide in Me and the other one she had just before or after it). And the few singles Linkin Park had. And Eminem. And some of Pinks stuff. And No Doubt. There's also one by Shakira that I don't mind. But most of it, nah, not me I'm afraid.

i like some 80's pop music......

I like Jewel and she is sort of pop i spose.....

I don't mind stuff like Bananarama haha they are fun, and early Madonna stuff, '70s disco like the Saturday Night Fever Soundtrack, Leif Garrett hahahaha.

I wouldn't buy it though except for $1 or less on vinyl just to put on at parties for fun and piss everyone off :D My friend has Leif Garrett - Feel The Need record hahah it is fantastic.

I... WAS MADE FOR DANCIN'... ALL ALL ALL ALL NIGHT LONG!

I like good music.

To me, it doesn't matter if it's pop, rock, metal, jazz... if I think it's good, I like it.

Having said that though, I think most pop music is crap - but there's still a reasonable amount of it that I think is OK. I don't really buy any of it though... don't have to, as it's on the radio all the time.

I like some of the dance and pop stuff from the UK but i can't stand american pop and so called R&B music!!!
You know the videos when some guy pulls up in his 'Ride' and 40 chicks stard dancing around it.
Or some angry chick going on about how her man treated her bad so shes going to take his money!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I really really hate the R&B stuff! Its the most generic music I think the world has ever seen. It is almost like the producers are just doing an "insert standard love song line here" over a standard R&B groove for every single song, then getting some funky looking homeboys and homegirls to dance around and look seductive either in a fancy looking club, in a pimp car, or on white satin sheets for the video clip. You can't tell any of them apart.

Originally posted by The Trooper

I really really hate the R&B stuff! Its the most generic music I think the world has ever seen. It is almost like the producers are just doing an "insert standard love song line here" over a standard R&B groove for every single song, then getting some funky looking homeboys and homegirls to dance around and look seductive either in a fancy looking club, in a pimp car, or on white satin sheets for the video clip. You can't tell any of them apart.

You know, this is true. And the reason for it is that in LA, where most of this crap comes from, virtually all the top charting "R&B" artists are produced by the same three or four producers, two of whom are LA Reid and Babyface, perhaps two of the most prolific record producers in history. Of course, these people are under immense pressure to make hit records, they know what the formula is to do so, and so they keep repeating it.