Pop music

Originally posted by Morgana
Wrong!!!

...even in the world of pop music are some serious musicians, who care about good lyrics and putting their heart into their music...

... same with the alternative scene...

It's all a matter of taste!!!

*Morg dislike blaspheme against different music genres*
totaly agree with you morg!

I even like some pop music myself, but I'm not quite know what POP is anymore, it is alot of music that goes under the genre as pop... wich maybe is not pop at all... pop is only short for popular, and alot of different music is popular... so... hmmm i dont really know where I'm going with this... hehehe, but anyways... there is alot of good music out there that is not metal... not that i say that all of you are narrow minded metal freaks that only listen to metal... but there is some of those too... and they are the worst kind :p

Hmm, though metal may vary a lot. Some metal-bands have created works that has nothing to do with the genre "metal". Like Enslaved's "Frost", Vintersorg's "Trollbunden", Thyrfing's "När Slaget är Vunnet", In the Woods...'s "Pigeon", and other... Compare those "non-metal" masterpieces with songs from pop-bands, whos music is based on the same instruments (keyboards, pianos, or whatever), and one see the difference. Like what has been said before, pop-music is for selling, not for creating music...

could not agree less with you Guttorm.... to say that pop music is made for selling is just as narrow minded as when people who listen to pop music say: metal is only created for worshiping satan...
you cant count them all as the same... that is whats wrong...

Well, based on how the world looks like today, you have to sell-out to become popular (and that's what pop-music is, popular music). Do you really think that pop-bands like Westlife, U2, or even older bands like Rolling Stones or Beatles would still play if they didn't get much money or attention? The goal with pop-music is to get famous all over the world, and to get rich! Great famousity nowadays are gained by charisma and the way of acting, and not by the means of deep music. Sure, there may be bands that do create good music, but then in order to get famous and popular they have to follow the trends and sell-out themselves. That's why I say that pop-music is a sold-out genre...

Though, if there wasn't any trends or not any money, then the genre "pop" would have another meaning, at least for me.

well, okey, when you put it that way i does not dissagree as much as before :)
But... every musicians dram is to live by playing only music... and well, you have to sell to do that... but that does not mean that you are a sell-out :p

i know i'm being stubborn here now, but it is intended... hehe
and well, i understand what you mean... cuz whats wrong with the sell-out musicians, is that they seldom make things themself and they are 'bands' put together by record companys for only onw goal... to sell...

so i actually do agree with you, someway :)
but i dont like that peaple generalize and say that ALL are the same...

Ehm, I´d like to say that there can be a difference between pop music and the stuff you hear on radio channels such as NRJ... Eventhough the term was first used as a short for popular music, nowadays many ppl use it for music such as Indie and stuff like that, so there we go again. _don´t_ put everything in genres, and _don´t_ generalise! :)

For good "pop music" I recomend "Davis and the citizens - For all hapy endings" a superb piece of happiness and sorrow. Get it now!

-phyros (music lover)

Originally posted by HellSpawn
well, okey, when you put it that way i does not dissagree as much as before :)
But... every musicians dram is to live by playing only music... and well, you have to sell to do that... but that does not mean that you are a sell-out :p

i know i'm being stubborn here now, but it is intended... hehe
and well, i understand what you mean... cuz whats wrong with the sell-out musicians, is that they seldom make things themself and they are 'bands' put together by record companys for only onw goal... to sell...

so i actually do agree with you, someway :)
but i dont like that peaple generalize and say that ALL are the same...

I agree mostly.
But then, I think there are two kinds of "pop". One which purpose only is for selling, while the other kind is for selling AND creating good music...