Popping noise in guitar clips... ? (cubase 6 + scarlett 8i6)

0 Xero 0

New Metal Member
Dec 27, 2010
I just got cubase 6 and a scarlett 8i6 hooked up two days ago and I think I finally got most of the bugs worked. However, when record something, there is a popping noise that is sporadic. I can't hear it through my headphones while tracking, but I can after I record the clip. Any ideas why this could be?

Is it kind of like a signal drop out, like the signal is dropping for a split second and coming back on, producing a popping sound. If so and you are using Windows 7, its a result of compatibility issues with your interface and OS. A lot of companies claim that their hardware and drivers will work for 7, but still have issues. You can try updating your drivers and increasing your buffer size. Also, go into the task manager, go to processes, right click your DAW, set priority, realtime, this will have to be redone every time you close and reopen your DAW or any other program for that matter.

I did increase the buffer size and that seems to help. I also changed the battery mode to high cpu usage and that helped a lot too. Hopefully I finally got it worked out. Thanks for the advice!