Porcelain Heart

I don't think it's overanalyzing or being elitist by saying that you think a band's new material is weak given their backcatalogue. A Fair Judgement is one of my favorite Opeth songs and that was completely clean, and relatively slow. Still compelling though. I guess my main beef with Porcelain Heart is the fact that it's so damn simple, and not just by Opeth standards (4 sections, 3 of them repeated twice. seriously)

I hope there is one track on the album that is just brutal as hell. Given Mikael's growls on the new Bloodbath EP and The Lotus Eater a song like that may lead to the beheading of beasts and babies alike, were it to occur.

Listened to it for the second time in a shitty quality. Love it! Breathtaking. Axe's fill hmmmmm.... It is amazing!
Some body complained about guitar fret noise. But you just didn't get it. It is intentional, it sounds fucking evil.

I hope there is one track on the album that is just brutal as hell. Given Mikael's growls on the new Bloodbath EP and The Lotus Eater a song like that may lead to the beheading of beasts and babies alike, were it to occur.

Heir apparent is pretty brewtul. ...and has a complete lack of clean vox.

Gonna say that this song kinda grew on me but only slightly. I'd call it ''a bit boring'' instead of ''very shitty'' now.

I have the feeling that Watershed will be Opeth's most crushing artistic statement yet. Judging by the quality of Heir and Lotus...there is no way that it isn't going to be an epic album.