Porcupine Tree-FOABP

Belligerent

Greekus Urungus
Mar 15, 2006
The Low Low, IL
I know for a fact lots of you here love PT. If you love Katatonia you should love PT as well....so just wanted to hear everyone's input on the new one.
My thoughts?= A M A Z I N G
Especially the 17 min. opus anesthesize featuring Robert Fripp from K Crimson and Alex Lifeson from Rush. Stunning stunning stuff here people....a masterpiece indeed....

cheerz everyone:kickass:

I heard them perform the whole album last October.. I remember thinking wow... this is some incredible stuff
I just got the album online last night
incredible music
however, its gonna take some time for me to appreciate it to its full potential...
it's that way with every PT album IMO
their music has an essence that goes beyond the composition and execution.. very few bands have this.. katatonia is one

it has a very different feel from their previous 2 releases.. its less ambient, a bit more aggressive and right to the point

still... Steve Wilson can do no wrong
5/5

I heard them perform the whole album last October.. I remember thinking wow... this is some incredible stuff
I just got the album online last night
incredible music
however, its gonna take some time for me to appreciate it to its full potential...
it's that way with every PT album IMO
their music has an essence that goes beyond the composition and execution.. very few bands have this.. katatonia is one

it has a very different feel from their previous 2 releases.. its less ambient, a bit more aggressive and right to the point

still... Steve Wilson can do no wrong
5/5
Agreed 5/5 and not point less...if only I can be so lucky to see it performed in its entirity come may17th at Park West and June 2nd at Park West! I love your descriptions though...very well put and I know what you're talking about when you say it will take awhile to grow. Wilson and company are genious...plain and simple.

I've only heard the title track and the samples on PTs myspace page. Sounds really nice so far. I already have it pre-ordered, so I'll finally be able to hear it within the next 2 weeks.

Anesthetize is awesome. Kind of iffy on the rest.
Let it grow on you...I was iffy at first because its suprisingly different. Steven Wilson can be quoted: "this is some of the heaviest music we've ever recorded". But not all of it is heavy, just parts. All of you should buy this masterpiece when it comes out...pour a tall glass of wine....light a few candles...admire the booklet...and let the tree help you escape for 50 minutes:worship:

I like the first 5 tracks but 'Sleep Together' just doesn't do anything for me. Overall, FOABP is very well done and I hope it continues to lead PT to bigger and better things.