porcupine tree-stupid dream

Originally posted by Parasite
Stupid Dream is a wonderful album. Lightbulb Sun is even more amazing. In Absentia may be the best album I ever heard.

My train of thought precisely.

in absentia > stupid dream > lightbulb sun

but,

last chance to evacuate the planet earth before it is recycled is the best song ever.

I think "In Absentia", "Lightbulb Sun" and "Stupid Dream" are all equally incredible. I just picked up "Recordings" this weekend. It's good, but I think it includes a couple dodgy tracks. I also prefer the shorter version of "Even Less" found on "Stupid Dream". However, "Buying New Soul" is one of the greatest songs ever.

Faves from "Stupid Dream":

Stop Swimming
A Smart Kid
Don't Hate Me
Pure Narcotic
Even Less

dude you need the long version of Even Less. The song is about 3 times better with the longer version. The part where he sings "fuck you and your book too, you can have it back......." is such a great part. Recordings took me a couple listens to get used to. now its one of the best albums for me.

Up here, a mountin rises
Down here, an ocean dies

My personal favorite from PT - mainly because I'm not the biggest fan of their "wandering" pieces.

Plus Piano Lessons is just so damn smart and catchy...

i got stupid dream for xmas this past holiday season. its simply a fantastic album from start to finish, for real. i love it, its so poppy but at the same time its not, its hard to describe. the band is amazing though. theyre amazing songwriters. great album.