Portable live rig advice

PLX starts at 700 euros, not an option:D why is it so hard to find a decent poweramp mono around 300-400 euros? For live application with an e530

That said, a tube poweramp of course adds a lovely color when it's pushed and the tubes start distorting only to the point of extra harmonic content, but that's a luxury that's not worth the unreliability (in a live setting anyway) IMO!

Well I dunno, even at gig volumes a 100 watt tube power section starts really filling up the sound nicely, as I found when I re-amped the guitars for my upcoming EP (without a doubt the loudest my Rectifier has ever been recorded by far :headbang: Made sure my parents were out of the house :D). Still, it was a pretty subtle difference!

Well I dunno, even at gig volumes a 100 watt tube power section starts really filling up the sound nicely, as I found when I re-amped the guitars for my upcoming EP (without a doubt the loudest my Rectifier has ever been recorded by far :headbang: Made sure my parents were out of the house :D). Still, it was a pretty subtle difference!

make sure to post something of that Ep when it's done!

I found a Marshall valvestate 80/80 poweramp, which is solid state and can be used mono and stereo. It was 185 euro. Would this be good for live use?

So 160 watts total in bridged mono? Yeah, I'd imagine that'd be good, though best to look for some reviews! (I would just google the model, something is bound to come up)

reviews are very mixed. A lot of people rave about its reliability, and others have the fuses blow 3x in a year time. Tone is very flat, but what can be expected from an SS poweramp right :D I have a 3 month warranty if I buy it so I'll put it through its paces.

So 160 watts total in bridged mono? Yeah, I'd imagine that'd be good, though best to look for some reviews! (I would just google the model, something is bound to come up)

actually it can't be bridged but you can disable one channel to go mono :S So its 80 watts stereo or 80 watts mono. Still loud enough for small gigs?

Eh, not so sure, with solid state you wanna have PLENTY of headroom, especially with cheap solid state - my friend had a 100 watt Marshall MG combo, and at small gig volumes that thing was harsh as all hell, so I vote pass honestly! :/

Why does it have to be 1U? However, I'm inclined to agree with you - honestly, I've been able to get a pretty passable live sound out of the Line 6 Spider III heads; they're about as noob-looking as it gets, but you've got built in FX, tuner, and yes, even wah with an FBV Express, so I'd strongly consider that; Line 6 are the kings of convenience!