Portland show review!

BulletRider

Aug 17, 2002
Salem,OR USA
Visit site
Unearth was GREAT! I love hardcore though, so yeah. If anyone was there, I was the one who yelled Metallica is shit REALLY loud when the guitarist asked what we thought of the new cd.

Chimaira....sucked ass. Next!

Soilwork was good. HORRIBLE sound though. Typical setlist.

In Flames put on one hell of a show. Yep. They played Moonshield:)

yayayay i was there

We didn't get to see unearth, we were over at magic gardens drinking. Came over right before chimaira played. They were ok.

Soilwork was good, but the sound did kind of suck.

And in flames rocked. very good show

We also stayed out back by the bus area (its gated) and snuck in. Met some band members from chimaira.

also got to meet Peter, i got his autograph on my ticket from seeing IF in germany. Then we got kicked out and Bjorn came outside and got a pic of him. I'll post the pic when this girl emails me it.

Anyone remember In Flames set list? It didn't seem like they played 18 or 19 songs like they have been playing, but I wasn't keeping count. Show was good, besides that you couldn't hear the vocals worth dick in the bar.

Unearth was great...the leads from the short guitarist needed to be turned up though. Could barely hear. Chimara or whatever they spell it like was zzzz...most of it sounded the same. Soilwork was great, unfortunately they didn't play anything off chainheart or steelbath but otherwise it rocked. The new drummer appeared to be more than competent...fun to watch. Sound was off though =\. In Flames wasn't nearly as energetic as when I saw them on the Iced Earth tour last year....and I was really bothered by the surprising amount of kids in the audience singing along to all the reroute songs and then getting all blank faced when they played anything off clayman or earlier.

rhdrums said:
and I was really bothered by the surprising amount of kids in the audience singing along to all the reroute songs and then getting all blank faced when they played anything off clayman or earlier.

Really, It wasnt like that at all here in SF. (to me atleast) I heard people singing to almost every song, and EVERBODY got in on every song. Was awsome.

rhdrums said:
I was really bothered by the surprising amount of kids in the audience singing along to all the reroute songs and then getting all blank faced when they played anything off clayman or earlier.
Hmm, you must not have been standing to the right of the stage up front. That was where all the Soilwork and In Flames fans were. I was in the group of like 7 people screaming "Chainheart Machine" in between Soilwork songs.

Maybe I am just a Soilwork fan of old, but seeing them play only one song off one of their first 3 albums was horrifing. Needlefest. Other than that I felt like boooing them, giving them the finger and turning my back.

I enjoyed seeing Unearth and Chimira. Chimira's sound got a little old to me.

In Flames was everything I wanted to see. A sweet performance.

metal4444metal said:
Maybe I am just a Soilwork fan of old, but seeing them play only one song off one of their first 3 albums was horrifing. Needlefest. Other than that I felt like boooing them, giving them the finger and turning my back.

I enjoyed seeing Unearth and Chimira. Chimira's sound got a little old to me.

In Flames was everything I wanted to see. A sweet performance.

yeah i wanted to hear them play millionflame or chainheart machine

In%20Flames.jpg

i'm on the right, my friend terry on the left