Photos from TORONTO show (June 18)

WrathChld

Rehab is for quitters.
Mar 10, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.markcoatsworth.com
I was allowed to bring a massive SLR into the Toronto show, courtesy of a Nuclear Blast photo pass. For some reason, they turned down the bright stage lights when In Flames went on, forcing me to shoot in black & white. Not that this is a bad thing, but it was insanely bright when Soilwork and Chimaira played, so it doesn't make much sense. The pics still turned out well, however, so no big deal.

Everything is available on my website (with shots of Soilwork and Chimaira too):
http://www.jollyrogerinc.com/photo/2003/inflames-gvmt.html

And a few teasers from the show...

inflames-gvmt-061-sm.jpg

inflames-gvmt-071-sm.jpg

inflames-gvmt-072-sm.jpg

inflames-gvmt-075-sm.jpg

inflames-gvmt-078-sm.jpg

How do you get a photo pass? (I know, an ignorant question)

Anyway, I love the pictures! Seriously, the black and white looks great. Those live pictures are better than the ones a person can find on their official site. Thanks!

First off, it appears that I am on crack. The Toronto show was on June 26. How did I screw up the date that badly?

Incendiare - in order to get a photo pass, you usually need to represent some form of media. Since underground metal shows aren't that big, a webzine or small newspaper will normally do (and that wouldn't work for the Rolling Stones, obviously). I use my website, www.jollyrogerinc.com, to request photo passes, and that usually works. Having a strong portfolio helps too.

Hope that helps answer your question. And glad you liked the pictures too!