Portnoy left DT

Returning a little bit to the topic, did you guys see the mangini live DT shows? It makes me start to think it's going to take more time for portnoy's return to DT than many people is expecting...

Returning a little bit to the topic, did you guys see the mangini live DT shows? It makes me start to think it's going to take more time for portnoy's return to DT than many people is expecting...

Shure did see the video's MM is a monster!! , very excited to see were they go from here !!
Im still a big fan Of Portnoy's style but im digging Mangini and cant wait to see what he will do!!!

I was going to mention Crimson, but because it's split into separate tracks... ;)

The first one isn't and the second one is apparently only because the first Crimson album was accidentally sold as a single at some record stores.

I personally prefer the first one, but II is not far behind.

Out of curiosity, which half of SC is the sucky one to you? I actually like the first half of the disc... "Forsaken" and "Constant Motion" are well-written songs regardless of cheesiness and mediocre to bad choruses. "The Dark Eternal Night" sums up the album excellently in that half of it is creative and cool and the other half is downright ridiculous. I usually stop the album afterwards, can't stand any of the last four songs.

Both Presence of Enemies, Constant motion and DEK. Forsaken annoys me because of JLB.

Just out of interest who has seen/heard Portnoys new band with Russel Allen Adrenaline mob?

Theres a Cover of Mob Rules up on youtube aswell as an hour long radio interview. Theres a particually interesting bit when the Host asks "so are you guys fully committed", and of course they say something on the lines of "we're all in". I can't help feeling a bit concerned that if this is successfull SX could become a secondary band for Allen, this seems more in line with his Solo work than SX.

^ Don't worry, he is NOT Mike Portnoy. :lol:

SymX is and will remain his main priority. It's just that this is a good time for such side-commitments as the band takes a break.