Possible NM U.S. tour (from WD's Twitter)

What is King Diamond up to? I know he had a tour planned and then had to scrap it to have back surgery - but a double-bill with him and NM would be epic! Instead of the typical 3-5 band bills, I'd prefer to have NM with one other established band where both play longer sets and then maybe you throw on a local band to play a short set early in the night.

:headbang: They should also tell Mercyful Fate to get their asses into gear and play some shows as well. THAT would be pretty legendary.

Why so much hatred for Symphony X?

They have one the the best guitar players on the planet not to mention Russell Allen on vocals whose just amazing, and Jason Rullo on drums is a sight to behold. I mean I understand that most of you probably don't like all the instrumental noodling they do but the genre of music that they play is progressive so its to be expected.

Given a choice would you rather see Symphony X or Dream Theater?

5 guys with amazing musical talent and no real direction with the music (Dream Theater)

5 guys on stage playing complex arrangement's with some amazing songwriting and vocals (Symphony X)

Why so much hatred for Symphony X?

They have one the the best guitar players on the planet not to mention Russell Allen on vocals whose just amazing, and Jason Rullo on drums is a sight to behold. I mean I understand that most of you probably don't like all the instrumental noodling they do but the genre of music that they play is progressive so its to be expected.

Given a choice would you rather see Symphony X or Dream Theater?

5 guys with amazing musical talent and no real direction with the music (Dream Theater)

5 guys on stage playing complex arrangement's with some amazing songwriting and vocals (Symphony X)

Well there are very few bands I wouldn't prefer to see over DT, so the comparison isn't the best one.

Well there are very few bands I wouldn't prefer to see over DT, so the comparison isn't the best one.

From and instrumental performance stand point DT are great live. But the problem is the vocalist sucks ass live and they all stand in 1 place all night. I have seen them 100000000x0x0x0x0x00x0x0x0x0x times over the years since they were Majesty, and they have always been perfect instrumentally.

They just don't know how to put on a show.

Its like watching 5 guys play cards who are all wearing monkey suits. Its entertaining for the first 5 minutes then you are bored and say to yourself ..... I would love to see one of these fucking monkeys get up and kick the one of the others in the face just cause he can.

nope I am just a fan of intelligent and passionate lyricists. Hell fist concert I ever saw was Simon and Garfunkel in central park in 1981 (damn I am dating myself there ...lol) Granted I was 5 years old but i still remember it.

Good lyricists go a long way for me.

So many ways to respond to that I just can't decide.
You win.