How about a NEVERMORE/SOILWORK summer U.S. tour?

buzz21

Medicated
May 4, 2003
San Diego, CA
www.mpp.org
This would make sense on a lot of levels - obviously we know the partnership that Warrel has with Peter Wichers who not only wrote music with him and produced his solo cd, but who also produced the new NM cd. Peter is back in SW, and regardless of what you think of them, they do play a similar style of heavy metal and I'm sure that both bands share a lot of the same fans. I don't want to debate the merits of SW - I just want to make a case for a solid and successful tour.

The new NM cd is expected in late May and the new SW cd is due in late June, so both bands should be out on the road to support those at roughly the same time. I'd even go as far as to suggest a co-headlining tour where both bands play full sets and rotate opening/closing. This way we could get a nice 90-minute set instead of the short sets NM usually ends up with when playing in the states. I'd much rather see both bands play longer than to have to wait through the usual 3 or 4 extra bands that get crammed onto a tour.

So - somebody make it happen !!!

As long as they perform nothing but The Chainheart Machine, I'm in.

word. I'm even more flexible, I'll take a set of Natural Born Chaos and albums before that, as long as they don't venture past that. Seriously though last time I saw Soilwork they were pretty awesome.

Personally - I don't much care for anything after Natural Born Chaos, but I have seen SW live twice and they were pretty solid both times. I'm mainly thinking about ticket sales here....I think that both bands could sell out places like House of Blues in every city - I think they hold about 1200 people, and I know the one here in San Diego has good acoustics too. Last time I saw NM was at HOB and it was one of the few times I can remember actually being at a metal show where I could hear everything clearly - especially the vocals. I talked to Jim that night and he said they hooked up with a promoter that got them into a lot of the HOB venues, so hopefully they still have that connection.