possible woe is me guitar tone/kick?

DeathShark0

New Metal Member
Feb 9, 2019
found some random stems/ DI's

and thought the song style sounded woe is me -ish

so here is my attempt at getting it to sound like them

(literally only took 30 mins on this, just eq on guitars, no other processing)
(eq on kick drum)
couldnt get snare sounding as "woe is me" so i gave up

edit : idk if soundcloud fks with the sound that much, but the cymbals sound kinda washy
on it :(

Last edited:
I am unfamiliar with "Woe Is Me", so I can't comment on the similarities. I don't dislike the mix. I do feel like the kick drum is taking a back seat to the bass (which may be what you are going for). Soundcloud does mess up the sound a bit, so that may be the artificats from the cymbals; however, I noticed that paying more attention to overhead resonances seems to keep most online streaming services from smearing as much. I feel like there are a couple that are poking out a little bit. Again, the mix is good, and the things I would change may just be stylistic/personal differences that wouldn't necessarily be changes for you.

I am unfamiliar with "Woe Is Me", so I can't comment on the similarities. I don't dislike the mix. I do feel like the kick drum is taking a back seat to the bass (which may be what you are going for). Soundcloud does mess up the sound a bit, so that may be the artificats from the cymbals; however, I noticed that paying more attention to overhead resonances seems to keep most online streaming services from smearing as much. I feel like there are a couple that are poking out a little bit. Again, the mix is good, and the things I would change may just be stylistic/personal differences that wouldn't necessarily be changes for you.

yea its my mixing headphones..
they have a more natural bass response the the hz that the kick would be..
so it always sounds louder to me then when listening to it anywhere else.
same with snare.. in my headset makes it sound about 3db lower than it is.

Just go to chango's production store if you want drums and tone like WIM.

Not much to say about the mix itself. It doesn't hurt ears but it's far from sounding good.
Snare is too quiet and kinda dead sounding. Kick sounds meh. Cymbals are way too present and tonaly sound like shit imo(Sounds like Perfect Drums). Guitar tone is pretty messy but it sounds like it's because of DIs.

Just go to chango's production store if you want drums and tone like WIM.

Not much to say about the mix itself. It doesn't hurt ears but it's far from sounding good.
Snare is too quiet and kinda dead sounding. Kick sounds meh. Cymbals are way too present and tonaly sound like shit imo(Sounds like Perfect Drums). Guitar tone is pretty messy but it sounds like it's because of DIs.

i didnt say i wanted it to sound like woe is me..
i asked if the tone of the guitar and kick sound close... (also mentioned that there was nothing done except a slight eq ) (cause i didnt want to bother going further if it wasnt headed in the right direction)

i also already explained the snare being quiet

i also already explained that sound cloud must of fked with the cymbals.. because they do not sound like that on anything ive played it through..

so thanks for your input
the only thing i learned
is that you dont know how to read

also funny you say just go to chango store and kick is meh,
cause that kick is literally the woe is me processed kick from the store