Possibly the saddest song (and most touching) in the world

Sisyphus's Struggle

Ember Days
Jun 1, 2008
Karukinká
Well, many of you may say "shit thread" but wathever, i was in the bus in the evening when suddenly the radio played a song called "Era en Abril" of Juan Carlos Baglietto (argentinian rocker) ...(well, spanish... many of you don't even know a word... i think) it is something like "It was in April" (heres a link: [ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=QE7jzpCG_UA[/ame])... and i was "holy shit, this is the saddest thing that i've ever heard"... Pretty dark indeed... the lyrics are just so touching, dark, hopeless and so...
Well, i guess do you really enjoy music, and for what i have seen you enjoy a vast amount of music... i don't know if you know "Trova" wich is a vastly spread across latinamerica (in Cuba above all)...
Sorry for my english, as you've seen it's not my native tongue...

Hey man I really appreciate this. In my opinion not really a sad song but beautiful all the same. It's cool how different songs touch people in different ways. One piece of music that always seems to melt my heart is the Metal Gear Solid Choir Theme..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIoSALV087k&feature=related[/ame]

Hey Vega glad you like it, and i heard the metal gear song and i first thought that it was a cantata from Bach (one of the best pieces of music that i've ever heard)... but then again i mean the melody could be very beautiful, mellow... but the lyrics are pretty touching, and not at all "pathetic and uninspired" (i really understand that "every rose has its thorn" it is really pathetic and unispired, unoriginal, and i pretty much "hate" that kind of music that lacks honestity)... well, about "Era en Abril" its about a unborn child and the grieve of both parents for the loss of the baby...
PS: "I aint play this", i love tango too, altough not know much about it (i have only 20, and sometimes i listen that music with my father, "who really loves tango")... but i prefer bossa nova, and above all the interpretation of Joao Gilberto's "Bésame mucho" (i know that it's not from him)...

Ah man I feel ashamed I didn't even pick up on that melancholic vibe. I listened to it at 2am and didn't pay enough attention it would seem.

This is emotional on a different level, but are there any Cure fans out there? I think Robert Smith's love songs hit pretty deep.

emo is a trash reason for ACTUAL emotionally charged music, the modern day trash people who wont ever be recognized for making a true ballad of importance won't last a decade anyway so.... yeah... anyway...

this song is phucking awesome, I love this whole cd:

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem Vega, although im not a fan of the Cure, everytime i heard some of their themes i enjoy it a lot... i specially like Trust and The Last Day of Summer... but i know so many little about them, i thing i must hear a little bit more of them... what album would you recomend me?...
Wow, thanks a lot Demilich... it happens the same to me, im always looking for something new, but sometimes i have no time to hear so many music and all the things out there... i've always had the feeling that are so many bands and musicians that have never acquired the respect or recognition they deserve, and that i don't even know... dunno if you have heard andean music (kind of folk latin american music), ive always thought that its a pretty beautiful genre of music... here's an example and they're from my country!! (the quality of the record it isnt the best, they are Inti Illimani, and they have been active for nearly forty years): [ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=aGhi0JD2aIo[/ame]
Jester Race i share your point of view... a few weeks ago i found ulver, but couldnt find anything from them... what album would you recomend me??
Then again sorry for my english...

Sisyphus, you can't go wrong with Disintegration. Much like many groups The Cure are known for songs that don't really portray their true style (e.g. Love Cats, Friday I'm in Love). I remember being introduced to Jupiter Crash in high school and while it's trashed by many, it still remains one of my favourite songs.

And I agree in regards to finding new music. I remember showing some mates some Falkenbach a while back and they laughed. I got told that I'm so open minded that my brain would fall out. But compared to members of UM I'm relatively inexperienced, always coming to non-Opeth chat and seeing groups I can hardly pronounce.. quality stuff.

I remember the first time I heard something that really just opened me up to all kinds of musical expression, and that was Zamfir - The Lonely Shepherd.

And I just rememberd, The Shawshank Redemption Theme is damn powerful.