Possibly the worst idea in the history of music...

I respect Venom's statements more than Varg's from what I've heard from each, because Venom are honest and straightforward about it, no bullshit, while Varg just keeps spouting random bullshit. None of this has any bearing on the music, obviously, and from an artistic standpoint I'd say Burzum is clearly more interesting than Venom.

I prefer Venom musically.

*edit* Also, the dude who killed the other dude in Emperor wore a Welcome to Hell shirt.
*Edit again* Also, don't forget Darkthrone who also liked Venom. And still do.

I think this movie could be good. I like Burzum too much not see it. Also I really don't think it will push black metal further mainstream. I think Cradle of Filth is as bad as it can get. Also even genres that have lived in the mainstream for a while like hip hop and screamo still have some good bands. It's not like all the good black metal bands that exist now will stop if there is an increase in bad black metal.

And it does not necessarily follow that this movie will breed new bad popular black metal bands in noticeable amounts.

Just No.

If they use some burzum from the Hvis Lyset Tar Oss era

Could be interesting :err:

Cookie: what makes you think it could be good? They want to make it psychological horror but are basing it off Varg, meaning that they'll have to either invent stuff (obnoxious) or be really lame (lame), either of which would suck.

I'd point to Bruce Dickinson's movie about Aleister Crowley for an example. Interesting, fucked up guy to base it on, and in this case written by someone who was independent and intelligent and presumably well-informed, went for psychological horror, and wound up with a turd.

I really don't care what the results will be on pop culture (aka huge black metal Hot Topic-ization) because good black metal will still be good black metal. However, I'm assuming they'll exaggerate the story to make it more interesting for mainstream audiences, give the characters really lame personalities (they're using the guy from Twilight as Vikernes for christ's sake), and they'll probably come up with a Burzum cover soundtrack and/or cover black metal songs. THAT I have a problem with.

Yeah, Varg claimed he only wore that Venom T-shirt because it said "Black Metal" on it...okayyyyyyy :rolleyes:

Someone with convictions as strong as Varg's should never have said something like that. That just makes him look like a hypocrite.

I don't think that black metal is mainstream, but I suppose that this can depend on where you come from. To me (someone who lives in America) there are just a few bands who happen to make black metal music, who are well-known. When I mention black metal to someone I always get asked, "what's that". I hardly see black metal fans except for shows.

I don't expect this movie to make Black Metal more popular, I just expect the film to be completely sensationalist, and take whatever factual inaccuracies the book had, and multiply them by about...a million.

Oh well I almost never watch films anyway. I'd rather watch that Anvil!!!!!!!!!! This Is Anvil!!7 film. That looks kind of inspiring.

Cookie: what makes you think it could be good? They want to make it psychological horror but are basing it off Varg, meaning that they'll have to either invent stuff (obnoxious) or be really lame (lame), either of which would suck.
The fact that it's about a very interesting time period. I've read Lords of Chaos and whether or not it was entirely accurate it was an interesting read.

varg2.jpg

varg22.jpg

Looks like there is some Varg power in the guy after all:lol:

I really don't care what the results will be on pop culture (aka huge black metal Hot Topic-ization) because good black metal will still be good black metal. However, I'm assuming they'll exaggerate the story to make it more interesting for mainstream audiences, give the characters really lame personalities (they're using the guy from Twilight as Vikernes for christ's sake), and they'll probably come up with a Burzum cover soundtrack and/or cover black metal songs. THAT I have a problem with.

Freezing moon done Kidz Bop style :lol: :erk:.

The whole idea of this movie is just wrong on so many levels.
I dont care so much about burzum as i do mayhem.