Post funny shit

That would be about the same as parents taking their kids to see the latest "Marvel" movie: Deadpool. Which was fucking great BTW.

Deadpool was good fun, definitely not a 'kid movie', but depending on their age/experience there are definitely kids that could handle the violence, even if a lot of the humor (though juvenile) would sail over their heads. i had an older brother so i grew up watching all the violent action movies of the 80s, and saw T2 in the theater and other R rated comedies around that time (gramma was cool) so i wouldve been into it.

I was just thinking of the more conservative era we seem to live in, and the whole "prudeness factor" in the US in general. It really does depend on your family though I guess. When I was seven, my grandparents had recently had HBO activated, and while I was over briefly one night, Salem's Lot was playing. They told me to cover my eyes, but I was peeking through my fingers anyway, and I ended up seeing the scene where a vamp got a tongue depressor cross burned into his forehead. It didn't freak me out either. I just thought it was amazing, since I hadn't ever seen anything like that before. Fast forward two years, and I ended up staying up to watch Friday the 13th Part 3 at 2:00am after they went to sleep, and told me not to watch HBO. That actually freaked me the fuck out, and I ended up checking all of the locks on the doors three times after it was over.

Then, the following summer, while staying with my aunt, she just randomly puts A Nightmare on Elm Street into her VCR (I was ten), because she didn't give a fuck, and thought I could handle it. I think I ended up watching about twenty horror movies over the next two years. Never had any nightmares either. Except after watching Poltergeist, because I fucking hate clowns, and my cousin had a wall full of porcelain clowns. One of them ended up falling on my chest while I was taking a nap, and I've hated them ever since.

58264612.jpg

Deadpool was good fun, definitely not a 'kid movie', but depending on their age/experience there are definitely kids that could handle the violence, even if a lot of the humor (though juvenile) would sail over their heads. i had an older brother so i grew up watching all the violent action movies of the 80s, and saw T2 in the theater and other R rated comedies around that time (gramma was cool) so i wouldve been into it.
I heard it was awesome I wanna check it out

Yeah a lot of the humor was super predictable (lolol ITS LIKE THE STUDIO COULDNT AFFORD ANY OTHER XMEN!!!), but it was still solid.

I still have a major boner for The Force Awakens, despite its one major flaw (A new hope similarities).

Some of those really fast sarcastic quips came off a bit forced, like he had to get them out in a certain span of time or something. Kinda came across a little bit like the bad parts of a Kevin Smith movie where he tries to force the dialogue into using a bigger vocabulary than necessary. Smith is known for being a huge stickler for sticking to the script verbatim, and it worked when he was doing indie movies because you can chalk it up to inexperience, but I laughed a lot harder when I saw Clerks for the first time. I know people love to shit on him, but he was doing some really good stuff in the 90s and breaking new ground in comedy and even romantic comedy like Chasing Amy. The whole tragic comedy thing was something new at a time when everyone was laughing at Jim Carrey stretching his face for lack of writing.

Back on topic, it was a good movie, though.

An Ass Creed film, huh? Well, it's not like that's a surprise. And yes, it'll probably be shit, like almost all VG based films are. And like almost all Ass Creed games are. Also, count on marketing dicks to shoehorn hip hop music in there.

Last edited:
Yep, it's gonna suck. Assassin's Creed in Italy would've been cool, because that's pretty much the only good game out of the franchise. Maybe Black Flag, too, but we've already got Black Sails.

Dat soundtrack doe. Because hip hop belongs in Inquisition-era Spain, right?

But see, hip-hop is how you make everything better, regardless of what it is...
Oh, and the stupid Warcraft movie will be out next month too. That actually looks even worse. Like almost 2003 Ang Lee Hulk bad. I mean seriously, either make it all CGI or get some competent makeup artists, not this middle ground half-assed garbage.

I had the same issue with the way the Hulk looked in The Avengers too. The was the best he's ever looked in a movie, and yet it still wasn't even close to being good enough to look believable beside the human actors. Maybe in ten more years technology will have caught up (as well as the cost being low enough to make use of it), but we're only around halfway there right now.

Last edited: