Post SET LISTS here!!!

Originally posted by blackstaRR
At least I will be very very disappointed if their setlist would be that kind in the European tour. None of those doens't belong to "the top 10 of S X's best songs", in my opinion.

UUUUUHHHHH

If Sea of Lies, Smoke and Mirrors, and Of Sins and Shadows DONT belong in a "top ten" of Symphony X songs then what does? :p

Originally posted by blackstaRR
At least I will be very very disappointed if their setlist would be that kind in the European tour. None of those doens't belong to "the top 10 of S X's best songs", in my opinion.

Well I think that set list is ass kickin' and I will be rockin' out to it in about 5 hours!!! :cool:

Originally posted by BastrdDrmr
Elven, I share similar opinions with you about the songs for the most part except for Sea of Lies, but seriously man, stop being so picky. Some of us (like me) are thrilled just to be able to see Symphony X live at all. Hell, they could play all songs from the Damnation Game and I would still be happy. I've been waiting nearly 4 years to see these guys live!

Oh, don't get me wrong, I feel exactly the same way as you, I'm just making a simple statement, im still psyched as hell to see them finally. The show is still going to rock, hearing them play Of Sins and Shadows alone is enough to make me happy really. And I actually would LOVE to hear them play all of the Damnation game, but its tied for my first favorite album by them with V so... yea.. but anyway, sorry if im coming off as pissy and overly dissapointed, im still just as excited as the rest of you, just was adding my 2 cents.

Kick Ass set list from 11/19/01 at the Worcester Palladium:
Evolution
Sea of Lies
Wicked
King of Terrors!!!
Egypt
Death of Balance
Smoke and Mirrors
Of Sins and Shadows

Yeah that's right baby, KING OF TERRORS!!! I almost pissed my pants because that's one of my favorites off of the new album behind the title track and Awakenings. What a great live song and Russ was spot on.

I think the BG setlist is weak..Where the hell is guardian of the blind!!? Time What is Time?! ahh whatever, they played Mirror, Mirror, and thats worth the 18 bucks heheh Ive seen Syx like 5 times, so like im looking foward more to seeing BG. :)

Originally posted by Yngvai X
UUUUUHHHHH

If Sea of Lies, Smoke and Mirrors, and Of Sins and Shadows DONT belong in a "top ten" of Symphony X songs then what does? :p

For example Edge of Forever, both Accolades, Eyes of Medusa, Odyssey, Awakenings, Church of the Machine, Trough the Looking Glass, Candlelight Fantasia, the New Mythology...

starr, you realize that if they play those songs you mentioned they'd only play like 4 songs. 45 minutes doesn't allow for the band to play all the songs over 9 minutes dude. I think playing a whole bunch of their shorter songs is a better idea given the format.

starr, you realize that if they play those songs you mentioned they'd only play like 4 songs. 45 minutes doesn't allow for the band to play all the songs over 9 minutes dude. I think playing a whole bunch of their shorter songs is a better idea given the format.

ya, so ?
i'm sorry but multiply short songs because "it's only 45 minutes", this is totally pointless...
and i love Of Sins, Sea and Smoke but they always play those ones, on each live since....i don't even remember:lol:
well instead of those 2 antiquities, they can play awakenings for examples :)
and anyway, who cares about the number of songs, it will always be 45 minutes...

I don't agree. The setlist quality is the most important thing. I don't find any reason why couldn't they play for example Edge of Forever or Awakenings live. 4 songs are enough for me if they were my favorites. And you know they've played Trough the Looking Glass live, that's "only" 13 minutes.
Hope Symphony X will someday be a bit more popular, that they would play like 2 hours' shows.

Here's the Birch Hill/Old Bridge, NJ show to the best of my recollection (I originally posted this over at the ProgPower forum):

What an outSTANDING show this turned out to be! Great crowd and 2 great bands really blew the doors off the Birch Hill Niteclub. Blind Guardian was MUCH louder & more aggressive than at ProgPower. Perhaps it was the smaller stage (?), but Hansi & co. were commanding and the crowd was so into it, a good time was had by all. Here's the setlists for those interested:

Symphony X
Evolution
Sea Of Lies
Wicked
King Of Terror (awesome live!)
Egypt
Church Of The Machine!!!!
Smoke And Mirrors
Of Sins And Shadows

Blind Guardian
War Of Wrath--->
Into The Storm
Welcome To Dying
Nightfall
The Script For My Requiem
Harvest Of Sorrow
Valhalla
Time Stands Still (At The Iron Hill)
Born In A Mourning Hall
Bright Eyes
Under The Ice
Bard's Song: In The Forest
Imaginations From The Other Side
---------------------------------
Lost In The Twilight Hall
Lord Of The Rings
Mirror, Mirror

A completely awesome show, from top to bottom. I have ZERO complaints.