Post vocalists here

\m/FRNK\m/

Oct 23, 2003
The Netherlands
facebook.com
Yo let's try to help out SC!!!!

If you know any (Dutch or German or whoever can make it to rehearse in Venlo)singer you can come up with and you think can cover André's vox, put their names here!! Or if you know bands with good singers or whatever...

grtz

Frank

Hi,

I read some review of the second edition of Headway and learned that the singer for Sieges Even that night was from Holland and had very good vocals.

It said:

Code:
Het slotakkoord van een weekendje verantwoord moeilijkdoenerij was voor het Duitse equivalent van Watch Tower: SIEGES EVEN. Tot ik met verbazing aanhoor hoe de zanger op een gegeven moment in vlekkeloos, accentloos Nederlands het publiek toespreekt. Pardon? Dat het niet de oude, eerste zanger Franz Herde betrof, was me al snel duidelijk, maar een Nederlander had ik niet verwacht. Was het een kaalgeschoren André Vuurboom? Nee, want deze zanger overschreeuwt zich niet, ook al heeft de band apparatuur geleend van Sun Caged om vanavond te kunnen spelen. Nee, het schijnt ene Arno Menses te zijn en ik moet zeggen: zijn heldere, zuivere en redelijk hoge, maar zeker niet te hoge stem klinkt lang niet onverdienstelijk.

So maybe you can ask him? Never heard him myself btw.

Greetings,
Michiel

Couldn't Marcel or Rob try vocals? Maybe some of them has the singing gift aswell? :D

On the Killer Banshee video from may 2001 someone tries a little growl and I wonder who that is. By the way, It would be awesome if you found a singer who can growl and sing clear. A little like Mikael Åkerfeldt in Opeth.. =D

I really digged the "Caught in a web" cover you did with that female singer. I don't know how would be to have a female permanently in your band though. It would be kind of special to have real progressive band with female vox, you don't see that really often.

Hey,

Can't think of his name off the top of my head, but the guy that did the first Andromeda CD would be interesting singing Sun Caged stuff. He came in and did the Andromeda stuff cold, and he's got a really unique voice also. Not as high in range as the previous Sun Caged fellow (who shall not be mentioned here....) but cool none-the-less.

Lizard

the new andromeda singer is alright, but i dont think his version of their old songs is that great. and whats the deal with them, anyway? they havent updated their site since july 4th, 2003. buncha slackers, thats what they are ... buncha frkn awesome, technical and melodic as hell slackers:headbang:. are they coming out with a new cd in '05?

I think Sun Caged could get a different singer for each release. Dan Swano should sing on the next album. Dan is absolutely phenomenal and in essence he's a proghead. He's stuff with Nightingale, Unicorn, Moontower and a million others rule. I would love to hear him on a straightforward Prog Metal album ala Sun Caged. I know he wouldn't tour but that's no biggie.

Another option is John Arch like someone else mentioned. But that would NEVER happen. Arch rules the world though.

A reasonable option is Hubi Meisel. Marcel played on his solo stuff and Hubi's voice is awesome. I don't know how it would fit with the Sun Caged sound though.

Another terrific singer would be Jorn fucking Lande. He's the absolute Prog Metal god. He did Ark. He did Beyond Twilight. He did Millenium. He did Masterplan. He did so many bands. His voice is damn versatile and with Lande at the helm, Sun Caged could become the most amazing prog band ever. Lande should have never left Ark. His inclusion in Masterplan proved to be a bad decision. This guy needs to be prog. And here is a great prog band: Sun Caged.

Sorry I can't come up with any Dutch singers cause I don't know any. I'd like to hear a collaboration with the Sieges Even singer too. Great voice, great range.

Or what about Sascha? He was amazing on the Domion EP. I was even disappointed when he left. Thank God Andre came along and kicked ass. It's such a shame he's gone now.

Sorry this is all rambling. But I hate to see Sun Caged like this. No singer, no new album, nothing. I remember reviewing this disc about a year ago and saying that their first full-length may become the equivalent of Images & Words -- no matter what they do, they may never reach its amazingness again. Then when I interviewed Dennis Leeflang and Andre, they said they were going to surpass it. A week later they were both out of the band. I really, at this point, don't believe a new Sun Caged disc might kick as hard as their debut, unless they get one of the aforementioned singers, of course. :)