post your band resumes

Impudent said:
Let's hear it.

Me and a friend have not practiced the songs in weeks and are going to sound shit. I don't know what's going on. I don't really care personally. If we can't get practices in just being two people than it must not have enough meaning. We must not really care. Maybe the music sucks

I thought the music was pretty oldschool. A remember my friend saying we kinda sounded like gorement and I thought that was fucking cool.

Uhg.

Existence - melodic thrash (2002-2004) vocals

Locust/Infinite Abyss - solo suicidal black metal (2003-present)

Abyssian - blackened thrash (2005) vocals/guitar

Kingdom of Decay - funeral doom (2005-2006) vocals/guitar

The Obstetricians - stoner rock/sludge (2006) guitar

None of these bands have recorded or written anything worthwhile, except for Existence.

A friend of mine is doing some funeral doom with a four track. He has this ratt distortion pedal and he actually really replicates tone found in doom metal. Maybe that's what he has been doing for a weeks. He just records guitars and drums. I don't want to fully play doom nor does he with our music. He's more into doom than me.

I like riffs that have a doomy atmospheric vibe and have sense of dread/despair but the playing is funeral doom is not something for me to actually write. You have to seem to be really into it too write 10 minute funeral doom songs. I see some older swedish and finland death metal bands being pretty doomy and what now. He see's doom very different. Into the 'real' doom.

The Greys said:
A friend of mine is doing some funeral doom with a four track. He has this ratt distortion pedal and he actually really replicates tone found in doom metal. Maybe that's what he has been doing for a weeks. He just records guitars and drums. I don't want to fully play doom nor does he with our music. He's more into doom than me.

I like riffs that have a doomy atmospheric vibe and have sense of dread/despair but the playing is funeral doom is not something for me to actually write. You have to seem to be really into it too write 10 minute funeral doom songs. I see some older swedish and finland death metal bands being pretty doomy and what now. He see's doom very different. Into the 'real' doom.

I gotta hear this

UPDATE:

Destruction Ritual broke up, Zombie Militia moved into a black ambient noise (a la Abruptum/Gonkulator) territory, and I formed a new noisecore project called Arseterror

ohiogrinder said:
I gotta hear this

:lol:

I don't exactly know how serious he is about it. I will update you on anything if he actually does something he would not mind letting people hear.

I have been playing guitar much longer and the music I write for our two person band is like thrash/death metal. His music is so fucking slow ha.

The Greys said:
:lol:

I don't exactly know how serious he is about it. I will update you on anything if he actually does something he would not mind letting people hear.

I have been playing guitar much longer and the music I write for our two person band is like thrash/death metal. His music is so fucking slow ha.

but maaaaaan, I love funeral doom.

If any demo is made that is decent you can get the first copy of the piece of shit, put it onto differnet tapes and give it to other jack asses!.

(i don't like four tracks). I'm probably going to dread it. It's probably going to sound like funebre demos :lol:. I think the first serious demo will probably not be his doom one. I want to actually eventually get an 8 track and really see what can happen.