Post your fave Reference CDs...

metalkingdom said:
Man, that LOA album sounds really great! Especially the drums and vox.

Are you sure about the Deftones first record? The one right after that (Around The Fur) sounds IMMENSELY bigger and better than that one. It has better songs, too which usually means better mixes (I'm sure that you know that already). I think that Around The Fur may be the best sounding hard rock/metal record ever made. White Pony sounds really huge, too. Terry Date fucking rules!!!

You're confused. Their first CD was called Adrenaline and sounded meh. He's talking about their latest CD which is Self-titled and sounds amazing.

AC/DC- Back In Black
Chimaira- Impossibilty of Reason
Stuck Mojo- Declaration Of A Headhunter (All of em, but this one is slick)
Fear Factory-Demanufacture
Prong-Cleansing
:worship: Pantera- Vulgar
This is starting to turn into a favorite album list, I gotta quit

Just A few with the sound I strive for.

Sinister Mephisto said:
You're confused. Their first CD was called Adrenaline and sounded meh. He's talking about their latest CD which is Self-titled and sounds amazing.

Doh! No fucking shit. My bad.

The 'Tones lost me after (with) White Pony.

metalkingdom said:
Doh! No fucking shit. My bad.

The 'Tones lost me after (with) White Pony.

Easy mistake to make. :) You might check out the selftitled just for how it sounds. I think it's a pretty cool production regardless of what you think of the songs.

DSS3 said:
Ghost Reveries and Deliverance by Opeth
Dismantling Devotion by Daylight Dies - the guitar tone is fucking perfect, and the kick is insane.

and daylight dies has some fucking nice lowend on the bass guitar as well

0:38 on dead air for example.

Sinister Mephisto said:
Easy mistake to make. :) You might check out the selftitled just for how it sounds. I think it's a pretty cool production regardless of what you think of the songs.

Roger that.:)

cobhc said:
and daylight dies has some fucking nice lowend on the bass guitar as well

0:38 on dead air for example.

Daylight Dies just owns ass period - I can't believe how damn consistent Jesse is on the drums, and Egan is *right* in the goddamn pocket, every time.