Post your goals for 2014

1. Get a job.
2. Go to college.
3. Start eating healthier and gain some muscle.
4. Get better at music. (Playing it and recording it)
5. Stop being a worthless piece of sh*t...

6. Stop biting my nails.

Alright, three months in, how's everyone doing on their goals?

Here's my status update:

Get a new job or find a way to work self-employed.
Check. :)
Finish my book and the accompanying website, marketing, etc.
Finished the book and received the edited version today (thanks again James). Now I'll have to add my final edits, layout, etc. I'm aiming for an early May release.
Move to a new place.
Gotta finish the book and everything else before I can concentrate on that and make up my mind about where I want to move etc.
Go somewhere I haven't been before at least three (3) times.
I haven't traveled so far this year but I'm going to Prague for a few days on the 17th. Wanted to go there for a couple of years now but never made it. It wasn't one of the top places I wanted to see this year but still it's finally happening. :) Got lot's of other travel plans/ideas as well. Hopefully I can meet my goal with the limited time off work I have at hand.
Go to at least one (1) networking event every month.
I missed March but I'm going to one tomorrow and another one next week so on average I'm good. :)
Keep working towards 72 kg / 159 lbs @ 6% body fat (currently 90% there).
Currently @ 71,8 kg / 158 lbs @ 9,5% body fat (The biggest I have ever been). That's it for this season. Cutting starts on Monday. I'll aim for 68 kg / 150 lbs @ 6% body fat (my original goal when I started out) until June 1st and start bulking again in September. Meanwhile I readjusted my ultimate goal to 76 kg / 168 lbs @ 6% body fat. Hopefully I'll reach it around this time in two years after "locking in" 72 kg / 159 lbs @ 6% body fat next year.

I guess next year I'll go for quarterly goals since it forces you to take more immediate action. For example I've been postponing most of my travel planning...

- Lose a stone and a half of fat, get all the way back down to 10%.
- Get my shoulder press up another 30lbs to 170.
- Do a one armed pullup
- Finally get a song I've produced on Kerrang.
- Actually bother learning to drive
- Mix/record/produce at least 4 hours every day.
- Triple my current savings so I can buy an awesome studio setup.

Aight, lost a stone of fat, shoulder press is up 15lbs so far. Sitting at 5'8", 180lbs, 12% BF.

Still can't do that one armed pullup, can scrape about 8 one arm assists at a push.

Not released any songs this year yet to justify this - 18 in the pipeline.

Had no spare time to learn to drive, soon. :lol:

Done about 200 hours worth AE work this year at a guesstimate so probably averaging about 2h a day atm.

Mostly on target I think savings wise.

Must be looking pretty beastly already then, ey? :)

Doing alright, haha. It's taken three years to do what I had originally planned in one but I'm finally rounding out to my long term goal of 10% @ 170 which is close to genetically maxing out if you're a shortarse like me. What height are you anyway? 9.5% is ripped but 6% is shredded, I can't vouch for ever having made it below 11 before so thats a tough call.

I'm 5'9" so I got way to go compared to you... :(

I use a caliper with the 3-point method to determine body fat. I realize it's not going to reflect the actual bf 100% but it's close enough as a reference. From what I've seen over the past couple of months I guess 6% with the caliper might actually look like what I'm going for. Whether that'll be real 6% (unlikely) or more like 8, 10, or even 12 - I don't really care as long as abs are clearly visible. And despite gaining a vast amount of weight since July I still have a four-pack so I hope loosing 2-4 kg of fat will do the trick. :)

I'm 5'9" so I got way to go compared to you... :(

I use a caliper with the 3-point method to determine body fat. I realize it's not going to reflect the actual bf 100% but it's close enough as a reference. From what I've seen over the past couple of months I guess 6% with the caliper might actually look like what I'm going for. Whether that'll be real 6% (unlikely) or more like 8, 10, or even 12 - I don't really care as long as abs are clearly visible. And despite gaining a vast amount of weight since July I still have a four-pack so I hope loosing 2-4 kg of fat will do the trick. :)

Thats where I remember being about a year and a half ago so you should only really have that long to go (I would post a picture but I cba raising the homoeroticism level on this board any further hahaha) - I've always drastically overshot tho, I was up at 200lbs @ 19 when I started cutting. I've found gains for most people become fairly negligible after the three year mark tho so I'm easing up after this. I do the skinfold measuring too - you should really have visible abs when flexing at 10% and it's easy to underestimate so I always add a couple of percent to the estimate. Mine says 11 but I reckon between 12-13 is more accurate.

Lose 50lbs, save as much money as possible, dress like a depressed lumberjack. Really comfortable with where I'm at job/living/audio career wise, need to get my own health/body image in order before fucking with too much else.

30lbs down, growing a beard. Started to plateau a bit so I need to ramp things up, still only doing cardio/eating properly, will get more into the lifting side of things after another 10-15 pounds down I think. Have pretty much entirely quit drinking and smoking weed which has done wonders for my mental/physical health.

I'll know for sure on Monday but I'm fairly certain I've landed what's looking to be like an insane job in a field I find to be absolutely invigorating and highly relevant, which I can't say about my current position.

Overall 2014 has been great and is looking to get even better. That said I'm absolutely fucking terrified of the near future if I'm perfectly honest with myself, so we'll see. :lol:

I'll start.
Stop posting on forums :lol: so goddamn addictive. Also I'ma start lifting cause skinny phaggot. I expect to get bigger and a little ripped by next year but the goal is to keep doin it, non stop. Probably gonna buy a car if I keep doing things well, just gotta work a little more hours the week and improve ( I really want a new car).

go

Still a skinny phaggot, or skinny fat. I started lifting two weeks after making this thread so the gains are newbie but I'm still going without skipping a day so that's a good thing. I stopped bulking and I'm now 180 lb being 5'10" and mantaining now. Going to the gym 6 days a week and jogging or sprinting 3 to 4 days a week. I guess I'll be cutting at the end of the year, we'll see.

Still with my old civic, I don't know if I can get my first own car this year with all this expenses cause I'm currently living a very expensive life, but still 9 months to go so again we'll see.

Still slightly addicted to forums or the internet in general but now a lot less than the last year. I'm a little more productive now though.

Line666 & HeadCrusher holy shit. Mind posting pics of progress? No homer.

Thats where I remember being about a year and a half ago so you should only really have that long to go (I would post a picture but I cba raising the homoeroticism level on this board any further hahaha)

Antonio-Banderas-computer-you-got-me-yospos-reaction-13677939419.gif

Ah c'mon! No homer!

Already a shredded 6'1" 196lb sick cunt.
I guess I could learn to swim. There were no pools in the ghetto when I was growing up.
Maybe get a video on Sick Drummer.
Find the person who stole my bike 3 years ago.
Become a rap god.

Still shredded yoloswag666 sick cunt
N....no...no homo https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...3533667678961_1886856564_n.jpg&size=1270,1535

Haven't learned to swim because it's been all wintery

No vid on Sick Drummer :(

I'll probably never know who stole my bike

Put no effort into becoming a rap god so far.

"We don't care about goals, we're freaks." <--Guess the reference.

Nice to know I'm not the only one who's been working out. I have a hard time doing and I'm going mental from switching from 3 night shifts to 4 days days every fucking week. It's hard to do cardio but I do it. Haven't gone to McDonalds in 4 months :)

get fit

pay off debt

move into new studio and do real amps/real drums every time

raise my rates

get back into gigging (its been a while)

nope
nope
nope
nope

still waiting on gf to have surgery and move into a new place with me, so im currently living with my parents while i wait - 3 hours from the nearest city... life has been on hold since mid november... :(
this town im in kills all motivation for anything and instantly gives you depression as soon as you arrive and until you leave

Short term goal is to move up to 40kg dumbells on flat bench. I've always been a weak presser with dumbells, and want to develop some more stabilizing strength. So far I've already met all my short term ambitions as far as PBs go for back, biceps, shoulders etc. Will readjust the goal set once I hit the end of my bulk in ~October.

Other goal is to release the mixing guide in hard copy format with new content sometime this year (not to rush it though, as I want the content to be quality > quantity). Other than that just to continue doing the best mixes of my life, and seeing where that leads.

Ok, I'll bite,

A year or so back, after second bulk/cut, cruising at 155lbs @ 11-12%, getting out the do I even lift stage into athletic, third nipple bros unite:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4363530/155AT12.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4363530/155AT11.jpg

Filling out a large and eating all the pies at between 190-200lbs @ 19-20%, six month back, all hail the oestrogen infused neckbeard:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4363530/195AT20.jpg

Currently sitting somewhere in between these two but have no photographic evidence of current state as my bottom set of abs is still just coming back and I'm not there yet - will update when I am.