post your haikus here

Originally posted by FuSoYa
who says the-a-ter?

few people say 'the-a-ter', but people say 'the-uh-ter'.

there's a symbol of an upside-down 'e', whose name i can't recall right now (schwa, or something like that?), used in the dictionary to denotate the vowel in the words that take on an 'uh' sound.

as to chocolate. choc-late is what you think you say, but the very nature of the word lends itself to the inner vowel.

try this: try to say choc-late, very slowly. you'll notice that the release of the hard c invariably to an 'uh' in the throat, almost undetectable. technically, chocolate is 3 syllables.

OK! Thanks to Eric...

The Novembers Doom Family Haikus

(Larry - Guitarist)
Larry wears a hat
He always looks quite silly
Little bitch, Larry

(Eric - Guiratist)
I play the guitar
Sometimes my penis hurts me
I like to cough for doctors

(Joe - Drummer)
I am three feet tall
I pour concrete like a slave
moterhead is cool

(Paul - Vocals, Haiku changed a bit to protect the innocent)
My fucking spine hurts
Your girlfriend has a nice ass
please dont tell my wife

(Mary - Old Bass Player)
I moved far away
Punk Rock is my way of life
but I joined Penance

(Abbas - Old Drummer)
A dress suits me fine
Im not homosexual
Do you like my purse?

(Steve - Old Guitarist)
Yeah man, Whatever
I ride Harley Davidsons
Man, I just don't care

(Old member to remain nameless here)
My wife is a pig
I am a worthless Pussy
God, please give me balls

(Mike - Fill in Bass - Also in Disinter)
I'm in Disinter
My band plays fast death metal
The chicks dig rock stars

november's paul, you're the vocalist of novembers doom?

i saw you april 2001, when opeth and amorphis toured... you guys were pretty fucking cool...

any plans to support again when opeth tours here in november?

Originally posted by saturnix
november's paul, you're the vocalist of novembers doom?

i saw you april 2001, when opeth and amorphis toured... you guys were pretty fucking cool...

any plans to support again when opeth tours here in november?

We shall see. I'd love it to happen, but we'll see if the right cards fall into place!

there's a symbol of an upside-down 'e', whose name i can't recall right now (schwa, or something like that?), used in the dictionary to denotate the vowel in the words that take on an 'uh' sound.

as to chocolate. choc-late is what you think you say, but the very nature of the word lends itself to the inner vowel.

try this: try to say choc-late, very slowly. you'll notice that the release of the hard c invariably to an 'uh' in the throat, almost undetectable. technically, chocolate is 3 syllables.

i say chocolate with 2 syllables.

But going by that logic, every word with a hard c would have to have a vowel after it. I don't see the words crap, clap or clit being spelled carap, colap or culit. So if those words are spelled without those second letter vowels, isn't it possible that some people would say cho-clate, therefor eliminating the need for the o? If you do say cho-clate you're a freak, but it's still possible :lol: j/k