:kickass:

i MUST have it.

Special ordered:

Katatonia - Dance of December Souls
Katatonia - Brave Murder Day/For Funerals to Come
Cynic - Focus
Control Denied - The Fragile Art of Existence

Vader - "Freezing Moon"

This song is pretty bad-ass. :kickass: I'd gladly buy that album if I ever came across it.

HAUL REVIEW:

Candlemass' new album is great, enough to, dare I say it, compare it positively to EDM. There's even a studio recording of "Solitude" with Lowe on vocals, which sounds amazing with updated equipment. If anyone has any doubts about it, dispel them now and buy it.

Behemoth's Demigod is fucking intense. I know I'm a bit late in picking it up, but I cannot easily think of another album that has quite this much raw energy contained within it. The layered vocals are a bit overwhelming and sometimes drown out the music, but overall, it is good.

Darkthrone's The Cult Is Alive is decent, though nothing overtly spectacular. But that is what I enjoy in black metal, and for only $9, it was worth it.

Yeah, but the three genres are closely tied and can generally be considered part of the same genre, just branches of each other.

God, who thinks of all these genres? I think it's safe to put all grind bands under one category: grindcore. Most bands don't deviate too far from the standard.

uh hardcore punks like me? maybe we punks should just say, "oh black metal and death metal sound the same, lets just call it extreme metal". you sound like a fucking out-of-touch Rolling Stone editor.

uh hardcore punks like me? maybe we punks should just say, "oh black metal and death metal sound the same, lets just call it extreme metal". you sound like a fucking out-of-touch Rolling Stone editor.

Whatever.

The categorizations do help, but it annoys me that every new band has to think of a new name for a vaguely different sound.

Whatever.

The categorizations do help, but it annoys me that every new band has to think of a new name for a vaguely different sound.

power violence is basically grindcore without the death metal influence, basically blastbeat-laden hardcore punk. often has sludgy breakdowns contrasting with hyperspeed blastbeats. the vocals range from screechy screams to drill-sargeant style bellowing. songs are often very short, few go over a minute in length.

Well, Despise You is considered power violence yet they have a pretty strong death metal influence in some of the riffing.

also ordered at Barnes & Noble

Pestilence - Consuming Impulse/Testimony Of The Ancients
Asphyx - The Rack

power violence is basically grindcore without the death metal influence, basically blastbeat-laden hardcore punk. often has sludgy breakdowns contrasting with hyperspeed blastbeats. the vocals range from screechy screams to drill-sargeant style bellowing. songs are often very short, few go over a minute in length.

This sounds like a very good genre. Bands?

The new Behemoth CD is kicking my fucking aass at the moment. Demigod is better though.