Post your hauls here

That Veles dual album is out there. I got mine at Metal Haven. You could always mail order from there. You just have to call them up, and it'll get shipped in a day or so. You also always know right away if something is in stock.

Leng Tch'e - Marasmus
Cephalic Carnage - Xenosapien
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
King Crimson - Lizard

Is Lost Tales really worth picking up?

I've given this a listen now.

Both songs have no guitar in at all and are very much closer to ambient music than most of their other songs. Arcenstone is from another project altogether, although still sounds similar to Summoning.

Unfortunately, both tracks aren't much better than demo quality, as far as the actual music goes. The samples of speech are as clear as ever though (although somewhat cheesy in Saruman at times.

It's not a bad release by any means, but it's certainly not on par with their other material (primarily because it is effectively material for their other bands, at least in style). It acts as more of a Gateway to their side-projects than anything else, I would say.

Fates Warning - Awaken The Guardian
Therion - Deggial
Biomechanical - Empires of the Worlds
Queensryche - The Warning

Apparently I'm going out with the cougar I bagged at the bar, so she got me these for my birthday:

In Flames - Soundtrack To Your Escape
Meshuggah - Obzen

Finally arrived.
InMourning.jpg

Fates Warning - Awaken The Guardian
Therion - Deggial
Biomechanical - Empires of the Worlds
Queensryche - The Warning

Apparently I'm going out with the cougar I bagged at the bar, so she got me these for my birthday:

In Flames - Soundtrack To Your Escape
Meshuggah - Obzen

Forgot one:

Ozzy Osbourne - Diary of a Madman (vinyl)

I've given this a listen now.

Both songs have no guitar in at all and are very much closer to ambient music than most of their other songs. Arcenstone is from another project altogether, although still sounds similar to Summoning.

Unfortunately, both tracks aren't much better than demo quality, as far as the actual music goes. The samples of speech are as clear as ever though (although somewhat cheesy in Saruman at times.

It's not a bad release by any means, but it's certainly not on par with their other material (primarily because it is effectively material for their other bands, at least in style). It acts as more of a Gateway to their side-projects than anything else, I would say.

"Dagor Bragollach" is one of my favorite Summoning songs, and it is devoid of guitars. Are these songs similar to that track?

Hmm, Well... There is somewhat of a similarity to the slower, softer sections, I suppose. However the two Lost Tales are like that all the way through.

Actually, the best way I can describe it would be if one took the softer sections of early Empyrium and then added Summoning's drumming.

Got in the mail over the course of last week:

Hail - Inheritance of Evilness gatefold LP
Symbyosis - Crisis
Soils of Fate - Crime Syndicate
Infirmary - Black Hole Reflection tape
Infirmary - Moira tape
Schism - Only He Knows tape