Post your hauls here

Halloween DVD
(Finally replaced my VHS copy. Classic film of both the slasher genre and the career of John Carpenter. Directed in 1978 featuring Donald Pleasence and Jamie Lee Curtis. Not the first slasher but I would bet money on it being the catalyst for the slasher movement if one can even call it that. Also, classic soundtrack by John Carpenter.)

THX 1138 DVD
(The dystopian feature film debut of George Lucas, originally directed back in 1971, 6 years before he would go on to change the world for better or worse with the 1977 film Star Wars. I haven't seen this film in its entirety as the VHS copy I had didn't work the whole way through lol. So I am looking forward to seeing this finally.)

Survive Style 5+ DVD
(I purchased this on two factors; I love Tadanobu Asano and the trailer looked fucking wacky and insane. Directed in 2004 by Gen Sekiguchi who... Doesn't seem to have done much else unfortunately.)

Bobby Deerfield DVD
(Directed in 1977 by Sydney Pollack who directed Out of Africa and the really awesome The Yakuza. This is a romantic drama which is actually one of my favourite genres when done right, but mostly I grabbed this because I am currently on a Al Pacino binge. In this one he plays a race car driver.)

Thief DVD
(Michael Mann neo-noir crime film from 1981 featuring James Caan. This one comes highly recommended by a few friends and so I was happy to find it for like $7. Should be a treat.)

First Men in the Moon DVD
(The second film adaption of the classic H.G. Wells novel. This was directed by Nathan Juran who also directed a few movies I've seen and liked, namely The 7th Voyage of Sinbad and Siege of the Saxons. I mainly grabbed this because I adore Ray Harryhausen's work.)

CD haul:

Night Conquers Day - Rebellion is the Art of Survival
Sorcerer - Sorcerer
Utumno - Across the Horizon
Molested - Blod-draum
Altar / Cartilage - Ex Oblivione / The Fragile Concept of Affection
Warning - Watching from a Distance
Reverend Bizarre - In the Rectory of the Bizarre Reverend
Alice in Chains - MTV Unplugged
Alice in Chains - The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here
Motley Crue - Shout at the Devil
Death - Spiritual Healing
Gorguts - Obscura
Black Sabbath - Born Again
Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard of Ozz
Ozzy Osbourne - Diary of a Madman
Dio - Holy Diver
Dio - The Last in Line
Rainbow - Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow
Rainbow - Long Live Rock 'n' Roll
Unorthodox - Balance of Power

Last edited:
Since last post:

Impetuous Ritual - Blight upon Martyred Sentience
Father Befouled - Desolate gods
Decapitated - Anticult
Mystic Circle - The bloody path of god
Morbid Angel - Blessed are the sick
Morbid Angel - Covenant
Morbid Angel - Formulas fatal to the flesh
Morbid Angel - best of (was free)
Christ Beheaded - Open the gates of hell
Cemetery Urn - s/t
Vintersorg - Ödemarkens son
Vintersorg - Till fjälls, del II
Equilibrium shirt
Behexen shirt

Ordered, but haven't gotten yet:
Weregoat - Pestilential Rites of Infernal Fornication
Morbosidad - s/t

Reactions: CiG
Volbeat - Beyond Hell/Above Heaven
Volbeat - Outlaw Gentlemen and Shady Ladies
Anthrax - State of Euphoria
Misery Inc - Random End
Yngwie J. Malmsteen - Rising Force
Scale the Summit - In a World of Fear
The Contortionist - Clairvoyant

Last edited:
Never understood the attraction of Volbeat. Give us a Vid or something Ozzman to prove me unfounded

It's like the heavy metal Disturbed I guess. That's the best way to explain it but they have some hooks here and there. Most of that was under 7 dollars and I hadn't bought any new music for a while

Went to Amoeba Hollywood today and got this haul:

Skeletonwitch - The Apothic Gloom
Mirror - s/t
Leprous - Congregation
Scar Symmetry - The Singularity
Black Sabbath Vol. 4 t-shirt

but the real gem was:

Antidote - The Truth (!!!)

apparently one of my favorite cds was remastered this year, and it includes a bonus CD containing 3 Antidote demos. I never got to own a physical copy of it before so that plus the 3 demos made my day. Going to listen soon.

but the real gem was:

Antidote - The Truth (!!!)

apparently one of my favorite cds was remastered this year, and it includes a bonus CD containing 3 Antidote demos. I never got to own a physical copy of it before so that plus the 3 demos made my day. Going to listen soon.

This remaster is fucking awesome. They made it sound even better. Also the lyrics are included, which previously couldn't be found anywhere online. I'll type them out and put them on MA I guess.

Reactions: RadicalThrasher
Deathsvn - Children of the Dead Sun cassette

Demolition Hammer - Epidemic of Violence cassette

Entrench - Inevitable Decay cassette
(Are the thrashers in here aware of this record? I just happened across it and I fucking like it a lot.)

Hellish - Grimoire cassette

Hessian - Bachelor of Black Arts cassette

High Spirits - Motivator cassette

Indian Nightmare - Taking Back the Land cassette

Morgoth - Resurrection Absurd cassette

Morgoth - The Eternal Fall cassette

Ophicvs - Machine Gun Reaper cassette
(Newish band I discovered and I have totally fallen in love with.)

Sweet Torment - A Portal to Purgatory cassette

Tarot - Reflections cassette
(Burn in Hell to my CD copy.)

Master of Crime: Johnnie To Collection DVD set
(Includes Exiled from 2006, Vengeance from 2009 and Life Without Principle from 2011. I don't know much about these films but I know the director obviously, this purchase was entirely inspired by @no country for old wainds due to his post in the films thread.)

The Jess Franco Collection DVD set
(Includes Venus in Furs from 1968, 99 Women from 1969, Vampyros Lesbos from 1970, She Killed in Ecstasy also from 1970 and Eugenie from 1973. I've seen Vampyros Lesbos and Venus in Furs already but I don't own copies of any of these, I purchased this because it was the only way I could seem to get Eugenie so it's all a happy coincidence that I also didn't own any of the others and it was quite cheap, like $15. Thanks to @Oblivious Maximus for mentioning Eugenie, leading to this purchase and so on.)

The Gladiator DVD
(Made-for-TV carsploitation vigilante film, directed by Abel Ferrara and released in 1986. Not a great movie by any means, but it has some pretty cool elements in it and I love Ken Wahl. This cost me pretty much nothing, I found it at a thrift store for a buck or something.)

Cape Fear DVD
(Directed in 1991 by Martin Scorsese, a remake of the 1962 film (hence the Gregory Peck cameo) which I still haven't seen. Starring Robert De Niro, Nick Nolte and Juliette Lewis. This wasn't as good as I was hoping and expecting, something about the way it was filmed really bugged me but I couldn't quite figure out precisely what or why. De Niro was entertaining but sometimes a bit cartoonish and retarded, especially towards the end.)

My Blue Heaven DVD
(Directed by Herbert Ross in 1990, featuring Steve Martin, Rick Moranis and was based on the life of Henry Hill. Goodfellas this is certainly not, hard to believe this is the same director that did Play It Again, Sam. I haven't seen anything else he's directed so maybe this is just his usual quality, but this movie was total and utter bollocks.)

Army of Darkness DVD
(Sam Raimi's classick 1992 slapstick fantasy/horror comedy film featuring Bruce Campbell of course. 3rd of the Evil Dead trilogy etc. I fucking love this movie, pretty sure it was the first horror film I ever watched in full as a kid and my VHS copy committed suicide a month ago, so I had to buy a DVD replacement. I watched it again last night.)

THX 1138 DVD
(The dystopian feature film debut of George Lucas, originally directed back in 1971, 6 years before he would go on to change the world for better or worse with the 1977 film Star Wars. I haven't seen this film in its entirety as the VHS copy I had didn't work the whole way through lol. So I am looking forward to seeing this finally.)

I ended up quite liking this, but my copy is the director's cut and so of course that hack faggot George Lucas had inserted a few CGI parts way after the film was made, worst of all the CGI stood out worse than when you see the alien in motion in Alien 3.

Just... Fuck that twat 666% man.

Absurd / Grand Belial's Key / Sigrblot - Weltenfeind
Cult of Eibon - Lycan Twilight Sorcery
Doomstone - Those Whom Satan Hath Joined
Flames of Hell - Fire and Steel
Incantation - Profane Nexus
Sextrash - Sexual Carnage

Reactions: CiG