Post your music here if you want people to comment on it

I checked it out a couple days ago, when I added you on myspace. Strongly reminiscent of Chasm, The. I like it a lot. The production is clean, but I wish I could hear your bassist. Maybe I just need real speakers or something.

Haha cheers man, that makes me really happy as The Chasm are one of my favourite bands ever and I'm heavily influenced by their riff structuring. Yeah, seems to be the feedback that we get from alot of people, we do need to turn Darren up in the mix a tiny bit higher, he is actually doing alot of interesting things, Gavin (the other guitarist/vocalist) is our sound engineer and producer so he's been beating himself up over not producing the bass very well. :p

We will be finishing up our first full length hopefully this year sometime.

We should. We haven't started any of the recording, still a few changes to be made to a couple of our songs because I'm a perfectionist and everyone seems -happy- with em and we also gotta finish writing 2 more songs. Was thinking, that we should do a split album sometime in the future! \m/

Dude, a split would be awesome. I think your band and mine have a similar approach to extreme metal, avoiding pigeonholes and established scenes.

Ben (vocalist) recently developed a grindcore philosophy and would like to make our EP free. We'll talk about it as a band after we've gotten it pressed and everything, but regardless, I'll be sending you a copy. Know any good artists who could design a front/back cover for a CD sleeve? I wouldn't mind vending Khariot CD's at our shows if you're willing to do the same.

Both Empyrean and Illuminatus (in the sig) have actual rough demos without vocals. Orthodox just has a traditional chant up that obviously doesn't count as an original song, but I will use those types of chants as interludes, intros, outros, etc.

Dude, a split would be awesome. I think your band and mine have a similar approach to extreme metal, avoiding pigeonholes and established scenes.

Ben (vocalist) recently developed a grindcore philosophy and would like to make our EP free. We'll talk about it as a band after we've gotten it pressed and everything, but regardless, I'll be sending you a copy. Know any good artists who could design a front/back cover for a CD sleeve? I wouldn't mind vending Khariot CD's at our shows if you're willing to do the same.

Sent you a message on facebook dude.

My 2 latest metalcore song. Please tell me what you think about it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Check the link in my sig, WAIF. I need an outside opinion.

The two tracks at the top of the playlist are the new ones.

Got it to work. Listening now.

Confine:

I definitely hear a Greek black metal sound here. Not all out Rotting Christ or anything, but the melodies and chugging definitely bring that scene to mind. Good stuff. But yeah, the parts all flow very well, largely thanks to the drumming. The keyboards are used very well, less is more. I like the audible bass, I think you could even turn it up a bit more if you wanted. The screams are not great, but when mixed with the growls the vocals overall sound pretty good.

Validity:
More growls is a good thing. The constant changing in the drumming is cool, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if he blasted for more than three seconds before throwing in a fill. The breakdown thing probably isn't the best time for the bass to rear it's head, but when it settles into that groove would be a good time for some chanting or vocals.

By the way, I would recommend you use some solos here and there. I think it would spice things up a bit.

Oh, I forgot to say, that shit was damn good.

When I say solos, I mean some Rotting Christ type stuff where it's more an extension of the guitar melodies than some guy jerking off in your ear.

Although Kelly can always jerk off in my ear HURR HURR HURR.

Eligos, checked out the new tracks, I enjoy the use of synth; overall I really like these new songs better than your older stuff I had listened to. I really like the beginning of Confine, and some other parts, I can't remember what they were but they sounded similar to the beginning.
I think Validity sounds cooler, I really like what you're doing with the bass, and I agree it could be turned up even more. Though during the breakdown thing, I think it needs something more, maybe an epic lead or something like Vital Remains would do during a chugging part (I'm thinking Dechristianize here).