Post your musical discoveries so far in 2010!

Karnivool - Sound Awake. Fuck me, excellent music, got me fucking hooked as soon as I heard the opening of the album (Simple Boy) shit!! Awesome production as well, one of the best I've heard in this style imo.

Il second this. Heard them randomly and i was blown away. Still have to get the full album, just been listening to loadsa youtube clips so far but i havent heard a song i havent liked so far.

Chinioseries by Onra. a french hip hop beat producer, sampling old vinyl vietnamese pop records . absolutely fantastic

How good is the bass on Karnivool - Sound Awake ???!!!! stands out like dogs balls everytime they play it on the radio (which is everyday at least once on Triple J here in Australia)
Massive!

Their vocalist is also in Birds Of Tokyo.. who have some good stuff too. more commercial though.

Not metal, but I finally picked up the first three Ohm (Chris Poland) albums. Awesome stuff and I love his tone.

Mr. Big - Back To Budokan
Steve Vai - Where the Wild Things Are
Paul Gilbert & Freddie Nelson - United States
Andy Timmons - Resolution / That was then, this is now
The Steve Morse Band - Out Standing In Their Field

Also never really listened to Jeff Beck, Gary Moore, or Allan Holdsworth until recently... holy shit I've been missing out!

Sexilicious. Seriously cool band, serious cool production. Its got that typical "PRS" style guitar sound that i love. Just makes me gass for one even more :(