3 best metal albums you`ve heard so far in 2009!

seriously though, no love for mastodon?

I'm gonna give it another listen when the better leak surfaces, but generally, I was disappointed. I mean, for another band it would be a great album, but for the dong not really. I just really wanted a badass, heavy album, rather than a prog album.

As for Obscura, they aren't THAT bad, but they're very average...definitely not worthy of their name haha. They honestly just remind me of Necrophagist with Spawn of Possession parts.

I agree about Mournful Congregation - June Frost. I just checked out Obscura - Cosmogenesis, and it's also great (I didn't think it would be that good because the word "prog" really puts me off). The Absu and Cannibal Corpse are very good too. One album that disappointed me this year was the new Seance. It sounds something like a less gay version of The Haunted. Not even in the top five of the year so far for me.

I got the new Fens album earlier and have just given it a full listen. I remember thinking the EP, or whatever they put out, was pretty decent and this is too. From what I can recall (I can't seem to find the previous release on my PC now) this sounds a lot more like older Agalloch. Decent atmospheric BM.

One album that disappointed me this year was the new Seance. It sounds something like a less gay version of The Haunted. Not even in the top five of the year so far for me.

I haven't heard it yet but that's disappointing to hear.

I'm gonna give it another listen when the better leak surfaces, but generally, I was disappointed. I mean, for another band it would be a great album, but for the dong not really. I just really wanted a badass, heavy album, rather than a prog album.

I like'd how it was more prog and from what i've heard they put the album together well. It's not as heavy as i expected either but it's alot easier to get into than their other albums, and it's a really creepy album which gives it a sense of heaviness, even when the music is more calm.

It is definitely in my top 3 now, the first track is one of the best tracks I've heard this year.

You'll always be the coolest kid around here, qt. :oops:

HAH!!! :lol:

I listened to the new Kylesa song on their My Space page and it rules. Prosthetic Records has a pre-order of it for $10.00 so I might have to reserve my copy now. They also have a couple of really nice t-shirt/CD packages for $20.00.