Best Albums of 2009 (so far)

Antyman

En Ful Jävel
Mar 15, 2009
I can't believe this thread does not exist already.
Has 2009 gotten into you so far music wise? Any great albums so far?

The best album so far is by no doubts:
Raubtier - Det Finns Bara Krig. (this industrial metal fuels me up as if I were the shovel headed killing machine on the Exodus cover of the album with the same name. This, and Bloodbath!)

Other than this one:
Mastodon - Cracked the skye
Pestilence - Resurrection Macabre
(Even though it disappointed me)
Depeche Mode - Sounds of the Universe

now it looks like I made this thread only to spread the word about Raubtier..
well. Cheers! :kickass:

I was gonna say The Obsidian Conspiracy but you mentioned so far. My picks:

- Eminem's Relapse
- Mastodon's Crack the Skye

Those are actually the only two I've listened to from this year...

I haven't been able to get into Mastodon but I want to. Without that, my list, roughly in order, would be something like..

Isis - Wavering Radiant
Blut Aus Nord - Memoria Vetusta II: Dialogue With the Stars
OSI - Blood
Heaven & Hell - The Devil You Know
Funeral Mist - Maranatha
Fen - Malediction Fields
Wolves in the Throne Room - Malevolent Grain

#1 Crack the Skye - Mastodon no doubt!!! album is just fucking amazing.
#2 Wrath - Lamb of God, I really like this album it grew on me, i think reclamation is some of their best work they've ever done.
#3 pretty sure the new nile album will be next on my list =P whenever it comes out!

Hmmm, i've listened to a lot of 2009 music, my list would look something like this right now...

Mastodon - Crack The Skye
Isis - Wavering Radiant
The Decemberists - The Hazards of Love
Devin Townsend - Ki
Japandroids - Post-Nothing
Mono - Hymn to the Immortal Wind
Propaghandi - Supporting Castle
Pure Reason Revolution - Amor Vincit Omnia
Gallows - Grey Britain

Yeah, my music taste is all over the place.

Stuff i'm looking forward to:

Marilyn Manson - The High End of Low
Brand New - TBA
Killswitch Engage - KSE II
The Mars Volta - Octahedron
Thrice - TBA
Converge - TBA
Rx Bandits - Mandala

The best album so far is by no doubts:
Raubtier - Det Finns Bara Krig. (this industrial metal fuels me up as if I were the shovel headed killing machine on the Exodus cover of the album with the same name. This, and Bloodbath!)

now it looks like I made this thread only to spread the word about Raubtier..
well. Cheers! :kickass:

Hehe they sure became almost like an over-night sensation here in Sweden thanks to the "Kamphund" single and video...I know those guys quite well, and have been involved with them in various constellations/projects throughout the years (we're from the same town and around the same age) and this kind of media coverage was NOT expected :loco: I usually hate this kind of music, but Det finns bara krig has some great songs and amazing lyrics so it's actually one of the best records I've heard this year. I'll have to give Candlemass the nod for best this far into 2009 though.

Mastodon - Crack the Skye (Never gave a shit about this band but i have to admit that they finally made a good album that's not forced or annoying)

Blut Aus Nord - Memoria Vetusta ll: Dialogue with the Stars (A masterpiece, fucking brilliant)

Yup, only two albums lawl, have to check out the new Isis though.

Eternal Tears of Sorrow - Children of the Dark Waters

Came out today via mp3 on iTunes or Amazon... fucking amazing album. Listened to it at least 5 times already. Highly highly highly recommended.

My number two pick is also Eminem's Relapse, number 3 is Blackguard's Profugus Mortis.