10. Agalloch - The White EP
11. Origin - Antithesis
12. Ihsahn - angL
13. Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts I-IV
14. Averse Sefira - Advent Parallax
15. Abyssmal Sorrow - Lament
imoafaik

The new Esoteric completely obliterates anything released in 08 so far imoafaik

The new Esoteric album is excellent, so far it's up there with ObZen in my 2008's best list.

That Earth album is pretty decent but it can be boring as fucking hell if you are not in the mood for it, i get enjoyment from it in very specific occasions.

Definitely Esoteric, absolute monster of an album. Watershed's also up there though of course that hasn't actually been released yet. I love The White EP from Agalloch, by far their best EP to date. Ihsahn's angL is another album I've gotten to really like, I'd say it trumps The Adversary.

1. Portishead (Holy fucking shit. This is a classic!)
2. Meshuggah
3. Opeth

I'm expecting Sigur Rós to take Opeth's 3rd place in my list.

08 has been fantastic so far and we are only in June. Atm as a top 10 I'm thinking...
1- Opeth- Watershed
2- Esoteric- The Maniacal Veil
3- Portishead- Third
4- Sigur Ros- Med- needs more listens...
5- Cult of Luna- Eternal Kingdom
6- Coldworld- Melancholie²
7- Ihsahn- Angl
8- Meshuggah- Obzen
9- Trinacria- Travel Now Journey Infinitely
10- Agalloch- The White EP
My god Negura Bunget, Enslaved, Massive Attack etc still to go.

-Opeth - Watershed
-In Mourning - The Shrouded divine
-Meshuggah - ObZen
-Protest The Hero - Fortress
-Ihsahn - angL
-In Flames - A Sense Of Purpose
-Testament - The Formation Of Damnation
-Thrice - Alchemy Index 3 & 4
-Bloodbath - Unblessing The Purity
-Agalloch - The White Ep
-Arsis - We Are The Nightmare

Cant wait for:

-Ikuinen Kaamos
-Scar Symmetry
-Sigur Ros
-The NEw Offspring!
-Coldplay
-Metallica
-Morbid Angel
-Scars On Broadway

I'm intrigued by all the love for the new Esoteric here. The only song I've heard from them is "morphia" from Subconscious Dissolution..... to be honest I didn't really care for it. Is their new album in a similar style? I'm starting to think maybe I should give them another chance based on all the rave reviews of Maniacal Vale I'm reading.

I'm intrigued by all the love for the new Esoteric here. The only song I've heard from them is "morphia" from Subconscious Dissolution..... to be honest I didn't really care for it. Is their new album in a similar style? I'm starting to think maybe I should give them another chance based on all the rave reviews of Maniacal Vale I'm reading.

The thing about Esoteric is that if you're new to them, you may need to spend a bit of time for it all to click. The length of the tracks (most of which are very long even for Opeth) and the shear dissonance of their sound can take a bit of time to get used to.

The thing about Esoteric is that if you're new to them, you may need to spend a bit of time for it all to click. The length of the tracks (most of which are very long even for Opeth) and the shear dissonance of their sound can take a bit of time to get used to.

qft. Just like my suggestion for "The Drift", check out "The Maniacal Vale" or "Epistemological Despondency" with a good pair of headphones, sitting in a dark room. It'll click with you then.

The only two that have really blown me away so far are:

Opeth - Watershed (bonus edition)
Testament - The Formation of Damnation (FUCK are they ever back!)

actually listening to the new Esoteric. It's my first experience with this band. The first song is the most disturbing 21 minutes of my life. LOL. This is insane. I love it.

If you're old enough, take a trip to BC and sample some of their.. herbal goods.. And then listen to the song again - i strongly believe you won't be disapointed ;)