1. Therion - "Secret of the Runes"
2. Iced Earth - "Horror Show"
3. Flotsam and Jetsam - "My God"
4. Andromeda - "Extension of the Wish"
5. Zero Hour - "The Towers of Avarice"
6. Alas - "Absolute Purity"
7. Lacuna Coil - "Unleashed Memories"
8. Annihilator - "Carnival Diablos"

Can't think of any others. I like Opeth's music, but I can't stand the vocals (that should piss off about everyone here, but it's my opinion).

Anaal Nathrakh - The Codex necro
Emperor - Prometheus : The Discipline of Fire......
Thorns - Thorns

......also, i'm looking forward to the new Bolt Thrower and Enslaved albums.

I really enjoy Halford-Live Insurrection and Slayer-God Hates Us All. The most BRUTAL AND EVIL SLAYER yet in my opinion. The music is awesome and the subject matter is very controversial. However it's hard to say whether I like it as much as "Reign In Blood," or "South of Heaven." Not to focus on the negative but there are quite a few I was expecting more from and were disappointed in.

Albums I think that should be avoided are:

*Judas Priest-Demolition (This pales in comparison to Jugulator and I was expecting more. However, "Ripper" has a great voice.
*Megadeth-the World Needs A Hero (Better than Risk, and similiar to Cryptic Writings, but I was lead to believe Dave and Co. had gone back to days of old "Peace Sells..., So Far, So Good, and Rust In Piece," However, there are some good songs on this album, but its not what I was expecting.
*Savatage-Poets and Madmen (Don't get me wrong, I love Savatage, but recently I'm having a hard time distiguishing them from T.S.O. Yes the story lines and lyrics are great and both bands are very talented, but I thik Savatage Is becoming to grandiose. I like concept albums., but the last few Savatage have been "mini-rock-operas." I love "Streets" and everything up until "Dead Winter Dead", but that when the lines began to cross between T.S.O. and Savatage. I would like to see a return to "Hall of the Mountain King," "Gutter Ballet," or "Edge Of Thorns."

Cheers

ZANEX "I AM THE DOG":heh: :headbang:

Devin Townsend - Terria

Soilwork - A Predator'S Portrait

Darkane - Insanity

Dragonlord - Rapture

Testament - First Strike Still Deadly (...)

Iron Maiden - Rock In Rio (...)

Hey 666, still on the Maiden board...?

NP: Grip Inc. - Dragging Me Down

Greetings,

A

Anathema: A Fine Day to Exit
I simply love it! I could see them live in Budapest at the Pepsi Island Festival this summer, they were amazing - and played two new songs!! :)
Agathodaimon: Chapter III
I got it two weeks ago. Black metal is absolutely not my style but it is really fantastic. All of you should take a chance and listen to it!
Edguy: Mandrake
I can't help loving what these guys are doing..... :)
Halford: Live Inserruction
No comment.
HIM: Deep Shadows and Brilliant Highlights
Well, I know it is totally girlie stuff nowadays but I have known them since the very first release and it was metal for sure. I saw them this year (also at the Pepsi Fest) and they were outrageous but I hope it happened because it was only a festival and they will be performing fantasticly in Zagreb at their own show!!
Iced Earth: Horror Show
I am sorry that Iced Earht cancelled their European tour for the second time this year but seems they will eventually be back next February... Three hours with them..... What else should I say?? :)
Lacuna Coil: Unleashed Memories
I first saw this Italian band on tour with Grip Inc. I didn't pay too much attention to them. But this album is one of the bests of this year for sure!!!
Moonspell: Darkness and Hope
I've been in love with their music since they released Irreligious. And as this album points back to it.... Well, it's compulsory for me!!
Savatage: Poets and Madmen
I love the new singer. This album is heavier than the last ones were so it is cool but on the other hand.... Well, I don't know. Something is missing....
Slayer: God Hates Us All
One of the best releases from Slayer!!
Soilwork: A Predator's Portrait
They too are amazing! Like In Flames.... BTW the In Flames concert is really good. Can't say that it wouldn't have been better but still... It is In Flames.....
:D

Another one endorsing that Slayer left the classic thrash path and went nu metal...

One of their best albums? Excuse me? Better than RIB, SOH, SITA...?

A

Originally posted by Unregistered
Another one endorsing that Slayer left the classic thrash path and went nu metal...

One of their best albums? Excuse me? Better than RIB, SOH, SITA...?

A
Khm.... Sorry..... I don't remember...... Did I say it is better than RIB or SOH??????

And I guess this is a topic to tell your favorites of this year so far not to criticize others' OWN TASTE......:err:

Opeth - Blackwater Park

Seems to be the most popular (and surprisingly wisest) choice. Of course, the year isn't over yet, but I forsee nothing that could overcome it.

I will say it again

Destiny's End - Transition

a great metal album, and my fav as of yet... still waiting to hear Emperor's newbie though. I think that is going to be great, I can just feel it.

well i hate to just go along with the popular answer, but I'd say Blackwater Park by Opeth..but then again there are still quite a few out this year that I haven't heard, that I expect to be good.

Why aren't there any/many votes for Arch Enemy's latest piece of godliness Wages of Sin?
:confused: :confused: :confused:
That album is a fucking masterpiece! And with the new singer that just BLOWs John Liiva(sp?) out of the water. It's so amazing!
Why no votes? :bah: WHY!?!?!

Arch Enemy fucking kicks all of your asses!

:headbang:

Opeth - Blackwater Park .. well, compared to Still Life it´s weak i´d say! it´s ok to listen too, but Still Life - well that´s sound!

This years releases - well theres nothing new from In Flames and Nevermore! Beseech had some extremely cool new songs (Endless waters!) but theres no complete album released so far; Blind Guardian works on some new stuff ... but not released so far ... and: can it match NIME?

--> I´m waiting!

Originally posted by Snipous
Eldritch-Reverse (u MUST check this one out!)
I own it since i used to like Eldritch a lot. I don't know. It is very different than their previous ones. Difference by its own is not bad. But in "reverse" they seem to want to get a big slice of the pie, making so modern sounding music. It is not bad, but it certainly ain't Eldritch the way I first got to know them. I mean all their previous albums were very much into progressive feeling and all that, whereas this one is nothing but aggresive metal and new metal. Though this one is not really very bad, they stopped to be one of my faves.
HEADQUAKE rulez...

Opeth - Blackwater Park
Anathema - A Fine Day To Exit
Katatonia - Last Fair Deal Gone Down
Devin Townsend - Terria
Therion - Secret Of The Runes
Amorphis - Am Universum
Ulver - Perdition City
Hollenthon - With Vilest Of Worms To Dwell
Paradise Lost - Believe In Nothing
Megadeth - The World Needs A Hero

Originally posted by Neverlady
Savatage: Poets and Madmen
I love the new singer. This album is heavier than the last ones were so it is cool but on the other hand.... Well, I don't know. Something is missing....

The new singer (if you mean the one who sings on the album) is no other than their old vocalist and main songwriter Jon Oliva (aka The Mountain King) :) He was their singer during the 80's and he also did the vocals for a few songs from their last two albums (like Sleep and Stay from TWOM and I Am from DWD). Btw I have this feeling that something is missing for all their albums after Streets'91..

Originally posted by Anacrusis

The new singer (if you mean the one who sings on the album) is no other than their old vocalist and main songwriter Jon Oliva (aka The Mountain King) :) He was their singer during the 80's and he also did the vocals for a few songs from their last two albums (like Sleep and Stay from TWOM and I Am from DWD). Btw I have this feeling that something is missing for all their albums after Streets'91..

No, sorry, I didn't express myself correctly. I certainly didn't mean Jon Oliva, the Mountain King but the real new singer, Damond Jiniya. :) I saw them twice this year and he is simply fantastic. Not from a girl point of you but he has amazing voice and he happens to be one of the best frontmen I've ever seen.....:D

Originally posted by Neverlady

the real new singer, Damond Jiniya. :) I saw them twice this year and he is simply fantastic. Not from a girl point of you but he has amazing voice and he happens to be one of the best frontmen I've ever seen.....:D
Well I saw them once in the summer and he is way weaker that Stevens. I won't dare to compare him to the mountain king(one of the greatest metal singers/frontmen ever - even Warrell certifies that).