Best Albums of 2009 (so far)

Yeah the album is pretty genius, it took forever to grow on me though. It's definitely a headphone - close your eyes and space out - kind of album.

Best album of the year for me so far:

maudlin of the Well - Part the Second
Mastodon - Crack the Skye
Decemberists - The Hazards of Love
Mono - Hymn to the Immortal Wind
Ulcerate - Everything is Fire
Isis - Wavering Radiant
Sunn O))) - Monoliths and Dimensions
Riceboy Sleeps - S/T

And a TON more... this year has been great!

So far the first track on Stabat Mater is reeeally awesome and the other two don't stand out much but I expect they will with more listens..

Personally I haven't enjoyed much new stuff from this year, but the coming months feature some releases from bands I'm really looking forward to: Pearl Jam, Porcupine Tree, Katatonia, BTBAM, and Novembre

On September 27, the world’s most brutal animated band will once again reign supreme with the all-new release of Dethklok: The Dethalbum II.

fuck yeah!

^ I guess someone doesnt like coffee... real coffee, from the hills of Colombia. And yes, I DO scream for the cream.

^ I guess someone doesnt like coffee... real coffee, from the hills of Colombia. And yes, I DO scream for the cream.

no, I actually don't like coffee. too bad dethklok is still absolute garbage no matter how you slice it. I don't hear any semblance of metal in that bullshit at all, much less death metal.

Maybe not the best of 2009, but I'm really enjoying 2009's Placebo. It was a good buy.

Its not like Dethklok is some super serious metal band, its based off a cartoon. I don't know how you can hate them that much.

cos they're terrible, I hear no semblance of death metal/melodic death metal in them at all. it's just some boring generic rock riffs with distortion over them.