Best Albums of 2009 (so far)

I found it at Enucleation (which is where I got the last couple of Mournful Congregation cds), and ordered it already. Thanks for the recomendation!
Yeh, Enucleation is an excellent distro. I got all my MC from there too. Redstream is good as well, their re-stocked most of the time. Anyway, let me know what you think about Ea II. Have you heard Ea Taesse?

IDK. A lot of albums that I listened to this year were released in previous years.

But from those released this year, I'd say Dream Theater's Black Clouds & Silver Linings and Pearl Jam's Ten Legacy Edition were really good.

Only listened to the opening track to Mastodon's Crack the Skye, but I like it...

My top 10 right now (ish)

Blut Aus Nord - Memoria Vetusta II: Dialogue With the Stars
maudlin of the Well - Part the Second
Isis - Wavering Radiant (Yes I fucking like the new Isis still no more debates plz)
Mournful Congregation - The June Frost
Mono - Hymn to the Immortal Wind
Asphyx - Death...the Brutal Way
Suffocation - Blood Oath
Pelican - Ephemeral
Katharsis - Fourth Reich
Cobalt - Gin

Napalm Death is 11th...

for me it's atm

gin
crack the skye
memoria vetusta ii
june frost
ki
hallucinogen in dub live
blood of bacchus
everything is fire
monoliths & dimensions
blood oath

I still haven't given the new asphyx a proper listen but I remember the first two tracks just kicked colossal amounts of ass. haven't listened to the new katharsis either.

Other than Wavering Radiant, 2009 has been and looks to be a rather underwhelming year for music. I'm looking forward to new Alice in Chains, Between the Buried and Me, and to some extent new SLAYER, but... 2010 seems more promising at this point. New Maiden, Dillinger, Meshuggah, hopefully new TooL, and maybe even some Faith No More. So... yeah. As of right now, Wavering Radiant is the current champ.

Best so far:

Exivious - Exivious
Sunn O))) - Monoliths & Dimensions
Mastodon - Crack The Skye

Biggest dissapointment:

KTL - IV

Not at all as good as the first album :mad:

well, that's a good, or should I say, sad question. I haven't bought many 2009 releases actually, 3-4 I guess. I don't even know.

I really need to find new bands that interest me, but it's hard. couldn't care less for most of the post rock/metal stuff or extreme stuff like DSO that gets so much praise around here.