Best Albums of 2008 (so far)

_Serenity_Painted_Death_

New Metal Member
Apr 29, 2007
Title explains it all.
What are your fav albums released in 08 so far?

I haven't heard much yet, hopefully someone will point me in a good direction haha

In Mourning - shrouded divine
not really anything inovative, but still damn solid
Textures - Silhouettes
Warrel dane - praises to the warmachine
Ihsahn - angl if you coul get rid of those godawfull vocals, the song with mikael on however is fantastic
watershed is obviously also going to be on the list when it is released

Well the best of the year for me cannot be discussed here. But I really liked new stuff from agalloch, bloodbath, earth, portishead, cult of luna, ihsahn, tmv, mar de grises, aethenor, esoteric and in mourning are ones that come to mind atm. I'm sure I've missed a few. But theres heaps and heaps more in the 2nd half of the year than the first I'm looking foward to; brendan perry, steven wilson, anathema, drudkh, code, gojira, Negura Bunget, muse, massive attack, sigur ros and summoning are ones I can think of atm.

So far:

In Mourning - The Shrouded Divine
Textures - Silhouettes
Bloodbath - Unblessing the purity
In Flames - A Sense Of Purpose (Yes I'm a huge In Flames Fan)
Eluveitie - Slania
Kalmah - For The Revolution
Meshuggah - ObZen
Protest The Hero - Fortress
Testament - The Formation Of Damnation

Still waiting for:

Opeth - Watershed
Ikuinen Kaamos - Closure
Metallica
Enslaved
Morbid Angel

I haven't really got anything to add to this, all mine have been said. Though I have a question - does anyone know when the new Isis album is coming out? I know they started writing for it a while back, but lately I haven't heard anything from them. It's been 2 years since In The Absence Of Truth, I think.

Keep of Kalessin - Kolossus due on June 10th should rip my head off. I hope Enslaved release something really soon. I've played their album Ruun for the 100,000th time I'm certain. :D

I haven't really got anything to add to this, all mine have been said. Though I have a question - does anyone know when the new Isis album is coming out? I know they started writing for it a while back, but lately I haven't heard anything from them. It's been 2 years since In The Absence Of Truth, I think.

If they started writing on it this year, it'll probably be out in 2009, or even 2010

Well the best of the year for me cannot be discussed here. But I really liked new stuff from agalloch, bloodbath, earth, portishead, cult of luna, ihsahn, tmv, mar de grises, aethenor, esoteric and in mourning are ones that come to mind atm. I'm sure I've missed a few. But theres heaps and heaps more in the 2nd half of the year than the first I'm looking foward to; brendan perry, steven wilson, anathema, drudkh, code, gojira, Negura Bunget, muse, massive attack, sigur ros and summoning are ones I can think of atm.

Sigur Ros are releasing an album this year? When?

Aren't Dredg supposed to as well?

Probably my favorite release of the year is The White. Can't really think of another release I loved as much as that one, though I still haven't gotten my hands on Primordials latest.

Does Woods of Ypres count?

Sigur Ros are releasing an album this year? When?

It should be out within the next few months. Its almost done and the band just got back from Abbey Roads where they recorded orchestra parts and a boy choir for the album. You can hear some samples of the bands site, there a small video there from the studio.

I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!