Half way through the year - best album so far?

NineFeetUnderground said:
yea, the metalhead has higher standards than me. the fact you even BOTHERED to listen to a new saturnus, kalmah and amorphis record shows how much more time to listen to "mediocre" music you have than me. :rolleyes:

Hey hey, the new Amorphis hardly deserves to be shit on.... but the fact that he pissed on Runn is rediculous for sure.

At the moment, Dolorian - Voidwards and Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance, the latter being the best, the former a very close second.

Others that I also like and are vying for the top spot, depending on how I feel at the moment -- The Ocean - Aeolian (I think this came out in 2005 in Europe) and Enslaved - Ruun

Peachy said:
At the moment, Dolorian - Voidwards and Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance, the latter being the best, the former a very close second.

Others that I also like and are vying for the top spot, depending on how I feel at the moment -- The Ocean - Aeolian (I think this came out in 2005 in Europe) and Enslaved - Ruun

Is Dolorian anything like Katatonia's latest?

Also, while Fluxion and Fogdiver were extremely impressive, Aeolian imo is rather bland. And yeah it came out in 05.
I don't have a clear fav for 06 yet, though if the new Red Sparowes track is anything to go by, then that album is going to be a top contender.

ishahn- the adversary
enslaved-ruun
keep of kalessin-armada
gorgoroth- ad majorem satanhas gloriam
green carnation-the acoustic verses
madder mortem- desiderata
motorpsycho-black hole\black canavas

looking thorugh I realise those are only norwegian bands...
so I am adding bal sagoth- the chthonic cronicles