Best of the year so far...

Yeah I will be going. I haven't heard any of their stuff after Chainheart though, so I guess I'd better get cracking. :)

It's not costing me anything spawny cos I got my flights on frequent flyer points. So not only am I a band whore... I'm a very CHEAP band whore ;)

Cool Rob... I dunno how much old stuff they're playing... I don't think they play much off Chainheart... maybe not even Predators Portrait which is the one after that... I think it's mostly the the last one and the new one they're playing off.

Metallica - St. Anger
Type O Negative - Life is Killing Me

and I have high hopes for the Velvet Revolver album ;D

Winmar said:
Yeah I will be going. I haven't heard any of their stuff after Chainheart though, so I guess I'd better get cracking. :)

'Natural Born Chaos' is awesome, but I don't think much of their latest album. However, apparently most of their set comes from it and "NBC", so you should try and hear them before the show.

I've only heard two Soilwork albums, Natural Born Chaos and the new one, and I really like both of them. Does this mean that I won't like the earlier stuff much because I'm just a newbie fan who jumps on bandwagons?

i have to say that the new type o negative is fuckin awesome.
not going to be best of the year but its worth a listen. it has replaced accelerated evolution by devin as the cd i wake up to each morning.
nothing better than waking up headbanging :headbang:
looking forward to new dew scented album. go to their website and download track1 ACTS OF RAGE. fuckin awesome.

Alchemist's newey was good, but not excellent. Dissapointed by Nevermore and new sepultura is as weak as todd's drumming skills.

We've Come For You All by Anthrax is the only 100% kick ass new cd i've heard all year

Has anyone else bought Sweet Vengeance by Nightrage yet? This album rules! Swedish Melodic Death apparently, what a stupid genre, good album but!

Its great, buy it if you find it, I got my copy at HMV unbelievably, Utopia didnt have the Slayer dvd so I went to HMV to see if they did and they had a whole bunch of Century Media cds there on display, I didnt even really want it, but saw it and figured it might be ok, it had a nice cover.

HMV has a heap of shit Utopia doesn't. My mate got the original version of Cryptopsy- None so Vile at HMV, no other record store/chain stocked it except them.

Bloody Utopia. Im glad they dont have everything though, id be f**ked if they havd every cd on my list every time I went there.