Dimmu Borgir

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Does anyone else here own Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia? Its so damn good, and I dont usually like black metal, if you dont own it, I decree that thou must go buyeth it. Go on. Its awesome. Dont even bother downloading a track or two to check it out, its so damn good you would only be ruining the pure listening experience for yourself. (Yes, they are black metal before anyone says something, apparently there are only 2 black metal bands ever in the history of everything if you ask some people! Genre nazis suck :) )

They qualify as black metal because:
* They make scary faces in photos.
* They paint their faces like a bad Kiss tribute band.
* They sing about hating everyone and everything but when you watch their dvd they just get drunk and go for a swim the whole time basically.
* They constantly get told they arent black metal.
* They put naked women on their album covers.
* They are from Norway, and thus were born tr00 apparently.

Im sure someone will say how their old stuff is better but they are liars. Liars, charlatans and thieves. Having said that, I have Pure Darkness Triumphant or whatever its f**king called ordered from amazon as thats apparently their best album, but theres no way they will be able to beat PEM so just go buy PEM, even if you dont like black metal (which they are even if they arent). I also have Spiritual Black Dimensions also, but well, its not as good as PEM.

Dont buy For All Tid though, I thought the vocals were awful as I couldnt understand a word they were saying, then I found out they are singing in Norwegian on that album. How tr00.

!:headbang:

Strange with all the 3 word albums titles.
Black Metal Posers?
Goth Music Wankers?
Pretentious Somnambulist Miscreants?

Anyway, to sum up, go and buy PEM, its f**king fab!

Entranced Intoxicated Unicorns.
Alice Cooper Ripoffs.
Bad Kiss Wannabes.
Postulating Ingratiating Antidisestablishmentarianism.
Very Bad Vocals.
Black Metal Sellouts.
Grishnack Killed Euronymous.
Dead Didnt Miss.

I like Dimmu. Have a couple of their albums, but haven't heard this one yet. Need money!

:headbang: The rest is just as great :) I dont think Puritania is anywhere near the best song on the album, tis rocking though :)

good review spawny. I'm almost tempted to perhaps download about 1 minute of one song. Ah screw it.

Icarus said:
Well ok, tied for 1st? :) In deaths embrace is such a cool song though :D

Alright then :D I have EDT on the way to me at the moment, Mourning Palace is supposed to be an awesome song too, im looking forward to hearing the whole abum :headbang: