What are you looking forward to next year music wise?

That Motley box isn't Music To Crash Your Car To.

Music To Crash Your Car To is the first 4 albums in a box set with the original Leathur Records release of Too Fast For Love. That Loud As F&^% one is just a 2CD best of with a few video clips on a DVD... which also seems a bit pointless since they just released their Greatest Hits DVD which has all their video clips.

Yeah, I'm a little pissed with the DVD part. Less than half the clips, what a wank :mad:
btw - noone ever said that it was Music To Crash Your Car To.

Ahh ok, I just skimmed the thread and saw Music To Crash Your Car To mentioned then a bit further saw that tracklisting lol.

I don't think I'll bother with the Greatest Hits DVD unless its cheap or the Tommy/Nikki commentary is really good coz I've got the Decade Of Decadence video anyway which has all their clips up to 1991 which are the ones that really count.

ceydn said:
the solo sounds fairly good, but its just something improvised on the night.
That is where Kirk is pretty good. James reckons he made up all the solos on 'Kill 'Em All' the day he went in to record them, without even really knowing half the songs. Some guitarists that are technically much better than him can't do that.

I am excited about new Metallica, for reasons I said earlier.

As for solos on St Anger, they have said in interviews that they actually originally recorded every single song on St Anger with a solo, but they all stuck out like sore thumbs and they thought every song sounded better without, so they took them out.

Which is clearly bullshit if Kirk can improvise something on the spot and have it sound decent.

Blitzkrieg said:
I am excited about new Metallica, for reasons I said earlier.

As for solos on St Anger, they have said in interviews that they actually originally recorded every single song on St Anger with a solo, but they all stuck out like sore thumbs and they thought every song sounded better without, so they took them out.
I reckon that was Bob's fault, because he wanted it to sound like System of a Down, and James and Lars just went, "Yeah, ok."

Nikki says he didn't make the connection between the box set title and the Hanoi Rocks bloke being killed until someone pointed it out when it was too late. What a load of hooey.

Nikki cant remember his last name though, let alone what happened 20 years ago! And Metallica should never be allowed near a recording studio again.

Yeah you are probably right there about Bob, Gore. Regardless, I still think St Anger has some awesome material on it, and if they can make another album with the same quality material and better production and better structured songs, then I think they will come up with something really good. And if they through some solos in, then even better.

As for Kirk improvising the solo, perhaps it was based on one of the solos they tried during recording, and he didn't completely pull it from his arse.