Best Albums of 2009 (so far)

Brendon small is so cool. I rediscovered Home Movies the other day after having not seen it for at least 7 years. It made me so giddy.

Sunn O)))-Monoliths and Dimensions (most likely my favorite of this year, I don't think anything can top this)

Drudkh-Microcosmos
Mono-Hymn to the Immortal Wind

random note: im quite thrilled before gorgoroths new album. i prefered pests vocals over gaahl and infernus has been working on the music for quite some time now (and same thing there: I prefered infernus music over king ov hells). but yea, after 1349s mega letdown you never know...

^
I agree. I'm still a little baffled as to why they get such props from the indie press and why they play indie festivals. Or more exactly, why just Mastodon? I really think those indie websites if they searched a little more could find other worthy metal bands.

Burst, for example, who remind me of Mastodon.

Here is an example:

Pick your Artist: Opeth

Are you a male or female: White Cluster

Describe yourself: Heir Apparent

How do you feel: Benighted

Describe where you currently live: Forest of October

If you could go anywhere, where would you go: Harlequin Forest

Your favorite form of transportation: Floating on Mist (Deliverance)

Your best friend is: Jack Frober

You and your best friends are: The Leper Affinity

What's the weather like: In Mist She was Standing

Favorite time of day: In My Time of Need

If your life was a TV show, what would it be called: Har har i'm funny aren't I, To Rid You Disease

What is life to you: Bleak

Your relationship: Isolation Years

Your fear: Demon of the Fall

What is the best advice you have to give: The Grand Conjuration

Thought for the Day: Death Whispered a Lullaby

How I would like to die: Serenity Painted Death

My soul's present condition: Hope Leaves

My motto: A Fair Judgement

hey metalheads,

for a while now mastodon's-crack the skye is my top pick for 2009

i got cobalt's - gin and i'm not feeling it. I'm after stuff that I'd want to play on guitar. Other than the track stomach I'm dissapointed with the album

I think Crack the Sky is total garbage, and I like the rest of Mastodon's discography.

Also, I'm looking forward to the Dethalbum II more than the first one because I thought all the season 2 music was way better than the first's.

Korpiklaani - Karkelo
Definately awesome, just check out Vodka and you get an idea. ;)

Revolution Renaissance - Age of Aquarius
After all it's awesome album, even though it didn't have that powermetal I was looking for, it's great as a prog album.

PMMP - Vedenvaraan
(Judging by the song Pariterapiaa. :lol: )

I think Crack the Sky is total garbage, and I like the rest of Mastodon's discography.

Also, I'm looking forward to the Dethalbum II more than the first one because I thought all the season 2 music was way better than the first's.
tells alot about your taste in music, saying cts is "total garbage" but then going on to say that you're looking forward to that abomination called dethklok

trickae said:
i've given the album 3 listens and i'm going to return it

baaaah! i should youtubed it
"cobalt" is not your standard black metal release that you can just throw on and listen to as background music or learn on guitar in 5 minutes,

"The June Frost" has taken over the top spot so far for me. Excellent, excellent stuff!!!

Cobalt - Gin = the best they have released BY FAR and definitely in the Top 10 for 2009.

The new Novembers Doom kicks all kinds of ass as well.