Best Albums of 2009 (so far)

Hehe they sure became almost like an over-night sensation here in Sweden thanks to the "Kamphund" single and video...I know those guys quite well, and have been involved with them in various constellations/projects throughout the years (we're from the same town and around the same age) and this kind of media coverage was NOT expected :loco: I usually hate this kind of music, but Det finns bara krig has some great songs and amazing lyrics so it's actually one of the best records I've heard this year. I'll have to give Candlemass the nod for best this far into 2009 though.

oh, that's cool! During the summers I spend most of my time south of Pajala, where my grandparents grew up, so I'm very familiar with the town :)
I got a grip of them pretty early, and the first time I heard them, I said "this is a fuckin hit".

so yeah, they are great. Love the Accent of Hukoff too.

Exivious - Exivious :)

KTL - IV (even though it has dissapointed me)

Mastodon - Crack the Skye

aaaand hopefully Sunn O))) - Monoliths & Dimensions when swedish postal service stops being sloooow

I need to get that Mono album, heard nothing but great things about it. The few sound clips I heard were interesting too.

Also, still pissed I can't get the Exivious album - currently have no credit card to order it with, and Cynic is one of my favorite bands.

Also, even though it's not my fav album this year with bands like Isis and Blut Aus Nord to compete with, I think that OSI track "Stockholm" is still my favorite song this year.

Shocked not to see, Gin--Cobalt. Fuckin' slays anything on this board right now, except maybe for Part The Second--MOtw.

I've heard good things but haven't gotten to it yet. That's next on the list after I listen to Gwynbleidd and Mono all the way through. Doubt it will top Blut Aus Nord though.

Big coincidence, i was just going to talk about that Cobalt album. It's pretty interesting stuff, they blend black metal vocals and riffs with tool-like droning parts and the result is quite good imo, there are some raging punk-ish riffs thrown in there as well, it's pretty relentless tense music, i dig it. I prefer it to Crack the Skye but it doesn't even come close to Memoria Vetusta.

In addition to some favorites, I listened to Gwynbleidd, Mono, and Ulcerate all the way through today. All very good.

Subway to Sally - Kreuzfeuer

Also Revolution Renaissance's album happened to be actually reeeally good album, even though it didn't have almost at all power metal stuff in it.

I'm looking forward to Dream Theater's new album and Guilt Machine.
Also I think I might get Stratovarius' new album at some point...